Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: D800 + Sigma8

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 28 9:32 AM
      They DO have quality check problems. The better the lens, the more complicated it is, the worst for QC... See the 12-24 fullframe, reported to be one of the most incredibly good ultrawides ever. One over 3 is not perfect. They are not lens to be bought 2nd hand.
      ;-)

      2012/4/27 Roger D Williams <roger@...>

      From the experience of users in Japan, Sigma has an excellent record in admitting poor product performance and prompt replacement within the warranty period. If I was disappointed with the performance of a lens that others had found "outstanding" I would be back at the ship demanding a quality check and either adjustment or replacement. This might be harder for purchasers overseas... How would you pay for the to-ing and fro-ing of products that proved to be within spec?

      That said, they do appear to have a quality control problem. My own 8mm f/3.5 Sigma is on a par with the excellent 10.5mm Nikon fisheye.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 25, 2012, at 5:58 PM, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

      My 15mm 2.8 is SO good it can be second only to 16mm Zeiss Contax. Many others here had quite different experiences...

      Il giorno 24 aprile 2012 07:32, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> ha scritto:

      At f22 the images would be too soft, especially with lenses like Sigma 8 mm. But Sigma is a lottery anyway... I had two 8 mm Sigmas and one was with excellent sharpness when the other was a bit too soft.

      Bostjan