Re: [PanoToolsNG] Google Business Photos

  • Ron Rack
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 7:20 AM
      Well, I guess someone is going to be doing it no matter what. You can decide if that is going to be you or someone else. I have decided not to pursue the Google business photos as I am told they dictate what equipment you need to use all the way down to your camera bag and type of cell phone. Since none of the equipment required is what I have already, I decided I didn't want to buy all new stuff to pursue this.

      ron

      On Apr 25, 2012, at 11:00 AM, needakeeper wrote:

      I remember a discussion about this a few years ago when Google first started offering "virtual tours" for businesses.  If I remember correctly, the general consensus was that if a client was going to be happy with the quality that they would get using Google's service, then they were probably not going to want to pay for a professional's services anyway.

      A friend, in real estate in Houston, just sent me a link for Google's Business Photos page.  As per the service agreement, the business owner, "in return for payment" will *own* the photos.  Isn't that like selling the cow with the milk?

      -Stephani

      Google Business Photos FAQ

      "What is the cost to get my business photographed?

      Because Trusted Photographers are not employees or affiliated with Google, they decide how much to charge for their services. We expect the Trusted Photographers to offer their services at a fair market value, and you may negotiate with them to come to an acceptable price for the service. Prior to any photo shoot, the Trusted photographers will present the Service Agreement, specifying their services, for your acceptance. The agreement also spells out (among other things) that, in return for your payment to the Trusted Photographer, you will own the images that have been taken."