html5 folder hierarchy / structure problem

  • peter_sale
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
      As part of my effort to get my panoramas to display on iPad mobile devices via my wordpress based site www.seacolony3condo.com, I have created needed files with Pano2VR.

      I am trying without success to structure my HTML5 output folder hierarchy under Windows 7 as follows:
      Pano-root-folder
      pano#1
      html5
      Images
      Image1
      Image2
      …
      File2
      File3
      …
      pano#2
      html5
      and so on...

      My current problem is that no matter what settings I code into Pano2VR I seem unable to get Pano2VR to output my desired html5 folder structure. Note that I am able to get Pano2VR to output a like folder structure for the FLASH versions of my panoramas. Only the html5 folder structure eludes me.

      Most of the time the best I can do is embed a second html5 folder within a higher level html5 folder, frequently resulting in having two two different images folders nested within the hierarchy as well. Perhaps there is a “bug” in Pano2VR (v 3.1.4 64bit) but it seems much more likely that I am doing something incorrectly. Please advise.

      I have already left a similar post in the Garden Gnome forum, but received no reply as of yet.  Also, I have a PDF file that I was able to attach to my Garden Gnome forum post.  However, I do not see yet how I might attach any file to this Yahoo Groups post. If I figure that out I will upload that PDF file and somehow reference it to this post.
    • Fernando Chaves
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Chaves" <fc@...> wrote:
          <snip>
          > Hi,
          >
          > Why don't you try the Panopress plugin?
          >
          > <http://www.panopress.org/> http://www.panopress.org/
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Fernando

          Hi Fernando,
          Many thanks for your reply.

          I'm doing that too. Even with the PanoPress plugin I still need to provide files to feed it. As i write this missive, I am a bit further along. See http://seacolony3condo.com/santa-monica-real-estate-virtual-itours/living-room/ . It rotates, i can see the cube faces on my iPad, but I can't see any images yet.
          Regards,
          Peter Sale, USA
        • Greg Voisan
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012

            I use Panotour Pro and output in html5. Works on all iPad/iPhone as well as Android/pc on my Wordpress site everytime.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Greg Voisan <gregvoisan@...> wrote:

              > I use Panotour Pro and output in html5. Works on all iPad/iPhone as well as
              > Android/pc on my Wordpress site everytime.

              <snip>
              Hi Greg,
              Can you provide a link to one such html5 site so that I can try it out on my newly acquired iPad2? I'm at my whits end with pano2vr.
              Regards,
              Peter Sale USA
            • Fernando Chaves
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 25, 2012
                Hi Peter,
                This is the link to the Panopress/Pano2vr sample page:

                http://www.panopress.org/pano2vr-3-0-swf-html-5/

                I hope this helps,
                Fernando

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Greg Voisan <gregvoisan@...> wrote:

                  > I use Panotour Pro and output in html5. Works on all iPad/iPhone as well as
                  > Android/pc on my Wordpress site everytime.

                  <snip>
                  Hi Greg,
                  I downloaded a trial version of Panotour Pro 1.8.0 to give it a try. Sadly the Panotour developer has crippled the trial version of Panotour so that it will only export a Flash, and not an html5, version of my "test" panorama. I am unable to confirm first hand whether Panotour is suitable for my purpose. In any case, many thanks for your reply.
                  -
                  Regards, Peter Sale USA
                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
                    On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM, peter_sale <psale@...> wrote:
                    Hi Greg,
                    I downloaded a trial version of Panotour Pro 1.8.0 to give it a try. Sadly the Panotour developer has crippled the trial version of Panotour so that it will only export a Flash, and not an html5, version of my "test" panorama. I am unable to confirm first hand whether Panotour is suitable for my purpose.

                    For sure it will Peter

                    Everybody uses it without a problem

                    In any case, many thanks for your reply.
                    -
                    Regards, Peter Sale USA

                    <*> Your email settings:
                       Individual Email | Traditional