Re: D800E with moire

  • awirealvr@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24 3:57 AM
      Most moire I see is created by interaction of my screen pixels with the path overlay, it disappears at a different zoom factor.

      Certainly not the moire I remember from the Kodak pro14n

      Andre

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

      > D800E with added moire!
      >
      > http://john-law.net/projects/e-moire/index.html
      >
      > The rain has stopped at last & here is a landscape near Bath - 16mm - 6 round + z & n (19652 x 9826 - 1.08GB from PTGui) Some moire can be seen on the path overlay - I could live with that but will try to remove it with Lightroom later.
      >
      > JL
      >
      > John Law ARPS
      > JL Panoramas
      > www.john-law.org.uk
      > mail@...
      > t: 01225 339590
      > m: 07814 993904

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24 7:30 AM
        Nice dynamic or was HDR? Btw... why don't you use 6*(-15)+2*(+65) to avoid the panohed image on nadir?

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 24 1:35 PM
          Am 24.04.2012 12:35, schrieb john law:
          > http://john-law.net/projects/e-moire/index.html

          It's very faint! Only visible at full zoom in. Perhaps not the right
          kind of subject. And of course it's a question of what the raw converter
          does. There are interpolation algorithms that suppress moire, too.

        • luca vascon
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 25 1:59 AM
            *E* forever!!!

            Il giorno 24 aprile 2012 22:35, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> ha scritto:
            Am 24.04.2012 12:35, schrieb john law:
            > http://john-law.net/projects/e-moire/index.html

            It's very faint! Only visible at full zoom in. Perhaps not the right
            kind of subject. And of course it's a question of what the raw converter
            does. There are interpolation algorithms that suppress moire, too.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Luca Vascon.

            www.nuovostudio.it
            www.officinepanottiche.com

          • Pierlucio Pellissier
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25 4:10 AM
              Johan wrote :
              > Some moire can be seen on the path overlay -

              and André

              > Most moire I see is created by interaction of my screen pixels with the path overlay, it disappears at a different zoom factor.

              SAme thing as André here, when I zoom in the moiré disappears

              Beautiful country & pano John, Thanks

              Pierlucio Pellissier
              pierluciop@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 25 11:37 AM
                Am 25.04.2012 13:10, schrieb Pierlucio Pellissier:
                >> > Most moire I see is created by interaction of my screen pixels with the path overlay, it disappears at a different zoom factor.
                > SAme thing as André here, when I zoom in the moiré disappears

                What you see is aliasing caused by the viewer. moiré is colored
                normally, since it's caused by the bayer pattern (in this case I see
                faint blue).

              • awirealvr@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 25 1:01 PM
                  I have to disagree with Erik, moire is not necessarily colored.

                  In essence a moire pattern is caused by interference of two interacting "grids". Either monochrome or color. This will cause a cululative pattern on top of the two grids.

                  Moire in a digital image is caused by interaction of a grid like structure in the subject with the grid structre of the beyer pattern in the camera.

                  Moire can also be caused by interaction of your screen grid with a gridlike structure in an image shown on your screen.

                  Andre

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 25 2:29 PM
                    Am 25.04.2012 22:01, schrieb awirealvr@...:
                    > I have to disagree with Erik, moire is not necessarily colored.

                    You are absolutely right with all of your points. However, we search for
                    bayer pattern moiré here, which usually is colored. Even if you overlay
                    a strict black and white pattern on a bayer sensor, the moiré will be
                    colored.

                  • Fernando Chaves
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 25 3:41 PM
                      > I have to disagree with Erik, moire is not necessarily colored.

                      You are absolutely right with all of your points. However, we search for
                      bayer pattern moiré here, which usually is colored. Even if you overlay
                      a strict black and white pattern on a bayer sensor, the moiré will be
                      colored.

                      Hi Erick,
                      At the following link you can get a real word example to illustrate your
                      point and a raw image, including an explanation about moiré, a raw file,
                      etc:

                      http://www.maxmax.com/hot_rod_visible.htm
                      scroll the page down to the "Area 3" example.

                      Best regards,
                      Fernando
                    • awirealvr@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 26 12:48 AM
                        Ok, yes I agree on that, i'am not looking to get into a moire fight ;-)

                        Looking at the image ot the gridded path, I didn't see a recognisable beyer pattern moire.
                        So i'll defenitely go for an "E".
                        In the past I've had some really bad examples of moire with the kodak pro14n. I think this was the only other camera without an AA filter.

                        Andre