Re: Selling stitched images

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2012
      Am 22.04.2012 16:57, schrieb Lionel:
      > I'm interested in finding out if you folk sell stitched images, what
      > the market is, and any experience you can share, please.

      Apparently no one is willing to share, perhaps because your question is
      too general.

      However, there is no single market for "stitched images". All depends on
      what you intend. I guess most users here sell sphericals. The hardest
      market might be the real estate one, where the quality often is low.
      Hotels and shops should have higher demands usually. There might be a
      market shooting HDR (true HDR, not the "HDR look") sphericals as light
      probes for CGI.

      If the quality permits, non-sphericals can be sold as high or highest
      resolution fine art prints. Or you specialize in gigapixels, which is a
      means to make available f.e. frescoes or other works of art for close
      inspection otherwise impossible.

      A relatively new and very demanding area is stitched full spherical video.

      There are numerous uses for "stitched images" and there might be a niche
      for you, but you will have to find out for yourself. All depends on your
      personal preferences, your equipment, your perfectionism, your artistry
      and of course the demand of your customers.