Re: [PanoToolsNG] D800e + 16mm nikon

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22 6:18 PM
      Yo Luca,

      That's totally awesome! My heart made a jump when I saw my book on your shelf.

      So you think the D800E is worth the E? Still haven't decided yet, because I tend to shoot JPEGs for brackets…  and I'm afraid the moire will bite me then.

      Also, did you actually get the 16mm Nikon or are you talking about a shaved 10.5mm? Since the 10.5 was designed for DX format, this seems to be the same lens. Except that the 16mm does have a lens hood built in. It's much smaller, bit still there. That makes me wonder if shaving the lens hood off completely is even the right thing to do, or if it would be better to leave some bits on the long image side to prevent stray light from entering…

      Blochi

      On Apr 22, 2012, at 9:47 AM, luca vascon wrote:

      You are as tidy as I am.
      I could read all titles of your books. Isaac Asimof chronology of science and discovery, HDRI handbook, Corinne's manual, etc. etc.
      that is a twenty thousands f***ing pixel panorama. It may be a bit of moire in the Denon CD reader grill, but it may be not. 16mm Nikkor may be at its limit, but correct focusing is now the limit.
      Gooooooood.

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23 3:15 AM
        Blochi,

        Nikkor 10.5 mm on D800 gives you circural fisheye 10.5 mm image but you need to remove the hood (example when I removed it from Tokina and 10.5 Nikkor: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html )... but you most probably know that and I only misunderstood you.
        Nikkor 16 mm gives you full frame fisheye on D800 as 10.5 gives you full frame on DX camera.

        Btw... I have got 14 mm linear lense and I wonder what will be a resoult.

        Bostjan

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23 3:37 AM
          Hi Blochi

          Its me not Luca!
          The 16mm is my normal pano lens for non-pole jobs
          I'll do some pole panos with the 10.5 as soon as it stops raining.

          JL

          John Law ARPS
          JL Panoramas
          www.john-law.org.uk