Selling stitched images

  • Lionel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2012
      Hi, I'm very new here. I'm interested in finding out if you folk sell stitched images, what the market is, and any experience you can share, please.

      Regards
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2012
        Am 22.04.2012 16:57, schrieb Lionel:
        > I'm interested in finding out if you folk sell stitched images, what
        > the market is, and any experience you can share, please.

        Apparently no one is willing to share, perhaps because your question is
        too general.

        However, there is no single market for "stitched images". All depends on
        what you intend. I guess most users here sell sphericals. The hardest
        market might be the real estate one, where the quality often is low.
        Hotels and shops should have higher demands usually. There might be a
        market shooting HDR (true HDR, not the "HDR look") sphericals as light
        probes for CGI.

        If the quality permits, non-sphericals can be sold as high or highest
        resolution fine art prints. Or you specialize in gigapixels, which is a
        means to make available f.e. frescoes or other works of art for close
        inspection otherwise impossible.

        A relatively new and very demanding area is stitched full spherical video.

        There are numerous uses for "stitched images" and there might be a niche
        for you, but you will have to find out for yourself. All depends on your
        personal preferences, your equipment, your perfectionism, your artistry
        and of course the demand of your customers.