Re: [PanoToolsNG] D800 with 10.5mm

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
      I'd buy a 2nd hand 5Dmk2, and not an mk3 if I'd had money for that. As personal camera. I'd hack the mirror as first move. Then all my Contax lenses will be on.

      And a D800E is on order for work.
      Hans is right as for resolution, but I add here a trick.
      Using ACR you can correct lens geometry. On 10.5-nikon it allows to correct the fisheye projection in a more even way, extending the circle to the very border.
      Since it is done within bayer interpolation I use it, it gives better results and a fair bigger panorama.
      You can do it with Canon FF sensors too. Gives small improvement, and it is the explanation why I get more pixels than Hans that is using it "nature".

      No way I would start a Canon vs Nikon fight!
      Even if both are starting to understand how to make lenses again!
      :-D Contax and Rolleiflex are always the best, Silvestri, Linhof, Horseman and Arca are even better!!!!

      I'd prefer Canon semplicity and clearness in interface, and get rid of D700, hard feeling with the software and controls.

      Hans is right when he says

      Il giorno 04 aprile 2012 12:03, Steve Morton <steven.morton@...> ha scritto:
      Hans wrote:
      > 21 mp up to 36 is in reality not much.

      I own both a 5d mkII (and 7D) and a Nikon D3s. My D3s is only 12 mp but
      I would pick it EVERY time over the 5D mk2 in low light imaging

      I have my D800E on order and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting it
      and then retire the 5D mkII

      All the best
      Steve

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      www.nuovostudio.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012

        If you calculate the  resolution from that area you will get 13900 from the D800, Of course this means the areas at the blending point and at the floor and ceiling will be interpolated up to 123%.

        Hans

        You got it.
        Basically mine is a 2 step interpolation. 1st in ACR,  2nd giving ptgui a crop of about 185 degrees...
        PTGUI gives a smart value, trying to even things out and avoid loss of image thoughness.
        EFFECTIVE resolution in these case is vapour.
        substantially things do not change too much.
        :-P