Re: [PanoToolsNG] How to create a simple website to display panos?

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3, 2012
      On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 00:25:41 +0900, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>
      wrote:

      > På Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:29:22 +0200, skrev Roger D Williams
      > <roger@...>:
      >
      >> Thank you, Bjørn, your reply was most encouraging. I've deleted it from
      >> this reply but saved it for future reference. My interest in KRpano is
      >> because it seems to be the best at preparing panoramas that can be
      >> viewed easily both by PCs that have Flash and by iOS devices that need
      >> HTML5, and allows them all to show panoramas at their best, i.e., at
      >> resolutions that are suitable for the screen real-estate available...
      >> Things seem to be moving towards even greater penetration by iOS and I
      >> don't want to be dependent on tools that rely exclusively or mainly on
      >> Flash.
      >
      > I don't have any iOS devices myself, but I've been told that that
      > wedding example worked fine on iPad.
      > Did you try it? http://bknilssen.no/X/Bryllup/

      Yes, I did. It works quite well, although clicking the thumbnails did not
      always lead immediately to the full panorama. Sometimes I had to click
      twice. Some minor problem, perhaps.

      > Xara doesn't care what tools you use to make the panos/tours, and it
      > shows pages very consistently and independent of what browser is used.
      > It looks very similar in IE, Opera, FF an Chrome anyway. Never tried on
      > Safari.

      It looks like a very good choice. I am quite familiar with the basics of
      HTML, although my knowledge stops back in the days of HTML4 and animated
      GIFs. Ancient history by Internet standards. But at least it gives me
      a handle on understanding what is going on, and why. My proudest
      achievement was coding complex tables in HTML. There must be an easier
      way by now...

      I understand that using an iFrame is not universally acceptable. I
      think I read that there is a security threat and they are sometimes
      disabled. However, that is something I can check for myself using
      Google. What is valuable to me is the voice of experience. I have
      noted the enthusiasm for Word Press and will also look into that.

      Thank you, everyone, for the replies to my questions in this thread. It
      looks as if the original questioner also found the help he needed.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger