Re: Where Are Window Size Parameters Set for Embedded .swf Panos?

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

      > I am embedding a Flash VR pano in a web page. I don't want a still that
      > links to another page, I need to have the .swf pano itself displayed in
      > the existing home page of a museum web site. I borrowed the embed html
      > and accompanying javascript file from Pano2VR, but I am having trouble
      > discovering where the parameters for the size of the window displaying
      > the pano are set.
      >
      > http://fecm33.org

      In this case the pano is set to 100% width and 95% height.
      I believe that is the standard setting you get with Pano2VR.

      However it has been put into a table which is 220pixels wide and the height depends on the surrounding elements.
      So it fill that table as 100%+95%.

      <script type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      if ((window.p2q_Version) && (window.p2q_Version>=2.0)) {
      // Check to see if the version meets the requirements for playback
      var flashvars="";
      p2q_EmbedFlash('miyatake_exhibit_pano.swf','100%','95%','allowFullScreen','true','bgcolor','#ffffff','FlashVars',flashvars);

      if (!DetectFlashVer(9,0,0)) {
      document.write('<p class="warning">This content requires Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher. '
      + '<a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/">Get Flash<\/a><\/p>');
      }
      } else {
      document.writeln('<p class="warning">p2q_embed_object.js is not included or it is too old! Please copy this file into your html directory.<\/p>');
      }
      //-->
      </script>
      <noscript>
      </noscript>

      Hans

      > I couldn't find that information at Thomas Rauscher's web site either.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Paul Fretheim

    • guillaume_fulchiron
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
        Hi Paul,
        If you can upload 2 html pages in the same folder here are my 2 cents :

        First create your panorama html page as usual with 100% size, for example "mypano.html"
        Then create an iframe into "your_web_page.html".
        Into "your_web_page.html" you can insert iframe like this :
        <iframe src="mypano.html" border="0" width="650" height="460" />

        Here your pano will be displayed in a 650x460px size window.
        This iframe can be inside a table or a div via CSS.

        Cheers,

        G.

        --- Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

        > I am embedding a Flash VR pano in a web page. I don't want a still that
        > links to another page, I need to have the .swf pano itself displayed in
        > the existing home page of a museum web site. I borrowed the embed html
        > and accompanying javascript file from Pano2VR, but I am having trouble
        > discovering where the parameters for the size of the window displaying
        > the pano are set.
        >
        > http://fecm33.org
        >
        > I couldn't find that information at Thomas Rauscher's web site either.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim

      • Paul Fretheim
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
          > In this case the pano is set to 100% width and 95% height.
          > I believe that is the standard setting you get with Pano2VR.
          >
          > However it has been put into a table which is 220pixels wide and the
          > height depends on the surrounding elements.
          > So it fill that table as 100%+95%.

          Thank you Hans, As usual, your answer was right on.

          Paul
        • Paul Fretheim
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
            First create your panorama html page as usual with 100% size, for example "mypano.html"
            Then create an iframe into "your_web_page.
            html".
            Into "your_web_page. html" you can insert iframe like this :
            <iframe src="mypano. html" border="0" width="650" height="460" />

            Here your pano will be displayed in a 650x460px size window.
            This iframe can be inside a table or a div via CSS.

            Thanks "G." I will try this method. Changing that percentage parameter should have worked, but didn't for some reason.

            Paul