Where Are Window Size Parameters Set for Embedded .swf Panos?

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
      I am embedding a Flash VR pano in a web page. I don't want a still that
      links to another page, I need to have the .swf pano itself displayed in
      the existing home page of a museum web site. I borrowed the embed html
      and accompanying javascript file from Pano2VR, but I am having trouble
      discovering where the parameters for the size of the window displaying
      the pano are set.

      http://fecm33.org

      I couldn't find that information at Thomas Rauscher's web site either.

      Thanks.

      Paul Fretheim
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

        > I am embedding a Flash VR pano in a web page. I don't want a still that
        > links to another page, I need to have the .swf pano itself displayed in
        > the existing home page of a museum web site. I borrowed the embed html
        > and accompanying javascript file from Pano2VR, but I am having trouble
        > discovering where the parameters for the size of the window displaying
        > the pano are set.
        >
        > http://fecm33.org

        In this case the pano is set to 100% width and 95% height.
        I believe that is the standard setting you get with Pano2VR.

        However it has been put into a table which is 220pixels wide and the height depends on the surrounding elements.
        So it fill that table as 100%+95%.

        <script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        if ((window.p2q_Version) && (window.p2q_Version>=2.0)) {
        // Check to see if the version meets the requirements for playback
        var flashvars="";
        p2q_EmbedFlash('miyatake_exhibit_pano.swf','100%','95%','allowFullScreen','true','bgcolor','#ffffff','FlashVars',flashvars);

        if (!DetectFlashVer(9,0,0)) {
        document.write('<p class="warning">This content requires Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher. '
        + '<a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/">Get Flash<\/a><\/p>');
        }
        } else {
        document.writeln('<p class="warning">p2q_embed_object.js is not included or it is too old! Please copy this file into your html directory.<\/p>');
        }
        //-->
        </script>
        <noscript>
        </noscript>

        Hans

        > I couldn't find that information at Thomas Rauscher's web site either.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim

      • guillaume_fulchiron
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
          Hi Paul,
          If you can upload 2 html pages in the same folder here are my 2 cents :

          First create your panorama html page as usual with 100% size, for example "mypano.html"
          Then create an iframe into "your_web_page.html".
          Into "your_web_page.html" you can insert iframe like this :
          <iframe src="mypano.html" border="0" width="650" height="460" />

          Here your pano will be displayed in a 650x460px size window.
          This iframe can be inside a table or a div via CSS.

          Cheers,

          G.

          --- Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

          > I am embedding a Flash VR pano in a web page. I don't want a still that
          > links to another page, I need to have the .swf pano itself displayed in
          > the existing home page of a museum web site. I borrowed the embed html
          > and accompanying javascript file from Pano2VR, but I am having trouble
          > discovering where the parameters for the size of the window displaying
          > the pano are set.
          >
          > http://fecm33.org
          >
          > I couldn't find that information at Thomas Rauscher's web site either.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Paul Fretheim

        • Paul Fretheim
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
            > In this case the pano is set to 100% width and 95% height.
            > I believe that is the standard setting you get with Pano2VR.
            >
            > However it has been put into a table which is 220pixels wide and the
            > height depends on the surrounding elements.
            > So it fill that table as 100%+95%.

            Thank you Hans, As usual, your answer was right on.

            Paul
          • Paul Fretheim
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
              First create your panorama html page as usual with 100% size, for example "mypano.html"
              Then create an iframe into "your_web_page.
              html".
              Into "your_web_page. html" you can insert iframe like this :
              <iframe src="mypano. html" border="0" width="650" height="460" />

              Here your pano will be displayed in a 650x460px size window.
              This iframe can be inside a table or a div via CSS.

              Thanks "G." I will try this method. Changing that percentage parameter should have worked, but didn't for some reason.

              Paul