Re: [PanoToolsNG] Causes and effects of flare - private

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2012
      On 3/27/2012 8:20 AM, Michel Thoby wrote:
      Hi list,

      Flare is inherent in photography. It is however too often the subject of conflicting statements. Despite a mass of available information, I could not "get a clear picture" in my mind about the causes and about the effects.
      I have thus been analyzing Flare in an attempt to better explain this multi-facet phenomenon to myself and possibly others:

      http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Flare_and_veiling_glare/Ultra-simple.html
      You've got some typos that should be corrected.

      Is:
      You aloso may view:

      Should be:
      You also may view:

      Is:
      (i.e. the side of the camera sensorthat adjoins the mirror underside

      Should be:
      (i.e. the side of the camera sensor that adjoins the mirror underside

      Is:
      conditions discribed on fig 2 above for instance

      Should be:
      conditions described on fig 2 above for instance

      Is:
      Especially when it is out of the filed!

      Should be:
      Especially when it is out of the field!

      Is:
      mirror wlill be flipped up

      Should be:
      mirror will be flipped up

      Is:
      (even with HDR processsing!)

      Should be:
      (even with HDR processing!)

      Is:
      cannot suffer from bright steaking due to reflection

      Should be:
      cannot suffer from bright streaking due to reflection

      Is:
      To better observe tthe effects of flare

      Should be:
      To better observe the effects of flare

      Is:
      Unfortunayely the link to the special announcement

      Should be:
      Unfortunately the link to the special announcement

      "learnt" should really be "learned" but that's really more of a grammatical choice you, as the author, need to make.

      (sorry, no math here in this article)  Hooray!  Oops...        =8^)

      I'd like to personally thank you for the service you do for all of us with your thoughtful and very precise tests and articles you do and write about later

      Best regards,

      Michel Thoby

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large