Note-taking application: a recommendation.

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2012
      I seldom recommend software (well, apart from PTgui!) but I am using an iPhone app that has proved so useful and flexible that I'll do so here. It's particularly suitable for photographers who want keep track of their activities. In my case, with my failing memory, it has been a life-saver.

      The app is Daily Tracker. It's essentially a data logger, but includes to-do check lists, RSS feeds, blogging with the ability to append maps and photos, and more kinds of data tracking than I have been able to find uses for. It's the ideal place to store any and all data on photo shoots, but it's far more than that. The interface design and the various ways of displaying data series are the most innovative and intuitive I have come across, and the software developer is swift to respond to any problems. Over the years i've been using it, he has incorporated several suggestions of mine. There's a free trial version. Do try it! I'll also say that although Apple backups have lost important data for me on at least two occasions, Daily Tracker backs up to Google docs, and I've never lost data from it! Details here:

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad