360precision Atome Tokina 10-17

  • hervejullian
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
      Hi
      I'm looking about calibration set-up of my panohead, 360precision Atome with 10-17mm Tokina Lens.
      I didn't find anything about this couple on the web and in the panotools group database.
      Could you please help me?
      Thanks in advance
      Hervé
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
        I am using that combo for action panoramas... what calibration do you have in mind? I just stick on and go...

        Bostjan

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
          I have just bought this panohead and i want to put the ring to the exact position on the lens.
          The npp is quite similar at every focals... I help me with this picture
          http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Tokina_10_17/NPP-Tokina.jpg
          but what is the angle you recommend?

          Hervé

          > I am using that combo for action panoramas... what calibration do you have in mind? I just stick on and go...
          >
          > Bostjan
          >

          > ________________________________

        • hervejullian
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
            I have just bought this panohead and i want to put the ring to the exact position on the lens.
            The npp is quite similar at every focals... I help me with this picture
            http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Tokina_10_17/NPP-Tokina.jpg
            but what is the angle you recommend?

            Hervé

            > I am using that combo for action panoramas... what calibration do you have in mind? I just stick on and go...
            >
            > Bostjan
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2012
              Just fix the red ring on lense on the inner side of the golden line with the text FISHEYE 10-17. You need to see the scale with focal lenght below the bulge on the red ring. I use 4 shots with the angle of ~ 90°. It is no need to be very precise to get a good stich even in interiors and a bit longer time of expositure...example: http://www.burger.si/France/Albi/vrp.html (Because I am lazy guy I mostly use the combo Atom+tokina+monopod). However try fixing monopod on ground othervise the result will be bad as here: http://www.burger.si/France/PuyEnVelay/05.html when I had my monopod above my head, but few minutes later on daylight and shorter exp. time the result was quite good again: http://www.burger.si/France/PuyEnVelay/06.html ., A

              Bostjan

              I have just bought this panohead and i want to put the ring to the exact position on the lens.
              The npp is quite similar at every focals... I help me with this picture
              http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Tokina_10_17/NPP-Tokina.jpg
              but what is the angle you recommend?

              Hervé

              > I am using that combo for action panoramas... what calibration do you have in mind? I just stick on and go...
              >
              > Bostjan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Matthew Rogers
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 19, 2012
                Hi Herve,

                I've emailed you the link with the lens set-up which was also emailed to you when you placed the order. I'm not sure why you'd contact the list before email me for this information ?

                Matt

                On 18 Mar 2012, at 20:48, hervejullian wrote:

                I have just bought this panohead and i want to put the ring to the exact position on the lens.
                The npp is quite similar at every focals... I help me with this picture
                http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Tokina_10_17/NPP-Tokina.jpg
                but what is the angle you recommend?

                Hervé

                > I am using that combo for action panoramas... what calibration do you have in mind? I just stick on and go...
                >
                > Bostjan

              • Matthew Rogers
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 19, 2012
                  I know, there is no calibration. I habe emailed Herve the lens set-up details so he should be good to go.

                  Matt