Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Pano Tour Process

  • Kyle Goodnight
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2012
      Thanks Eric, good suggestions...I like the idea of grouping in WinExp...I use a file manager (DirOpus) that will lend itself to that process very well..
      Now why did I not think of that??...duhhhhh!

      K;yle

      Friday, March 09, 2012 3:55 PM

      Am 09.03.2012 21:33, schrieb Kyle Goodnight:
      > 1. When doing a pano tour, what method of bracketing the shots for a
      > tour is used?? I am taking 12 shots (six at 15 degress and 6 at 0
      > degrees(level)) . I have been putting the lens cap on for a dark shot to
      > indicate the end of a pano group to help in later grouping the shots for
      > each pano. Trouble is, I sometimes forget to take the blank shot and
      > then have to filter thru the shots to group for stitching.

      Usually there should be a larger time gap between two groups than
      between images inside a group. Also if you take the same number of shots
      in each group simply add the number of shots to the image number of the
      first image to go to the next group. In PTGui if you load the first
      image of a group it offers to load images that where shot at nearby times.

      I usually adjust windows explorer thumbnail view such that I have a
      natural divisor of the number of images in a row. For 12 images that
      would be f.e. 4 or 6 images per row. This way I can use simple area
      select...

      Friday, March 09, 2012 3:33 PM
      Coupleof items for comment, please.

      1. When doing a pano tour, what method of bracketing the shots for a tour is used??  I am taking 12 shots (six at 15 degress and 6 at 0 degrees(level)) . I have been putting the lens cap on for a dark shot to indicate the end of a pano group to help in later grouping the shots for each pano.  Trouble is, I sometimes forget to take the blank shot and then have to filter thru the shots to group for stitching.  There has to be a good way to track what frames belong to what pan
      o...I just have not found it yet!!   Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      2. Has anyone used Flashificator for Panos??  I have seen some interesting tours from this product and would like comments on the product if anyone has.   Thanks in advance for any info...

      --
      Regards,
      Kyle