Nokia 808 Pueview - Panorama mode?

  • Keith Davison
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7 7:52 AM
      Hi,

      Does anyone know if there ia a panorama mode of any kind built in to the Nokia 808
      Pureview camera phone?

      I've checked the published specs but there is no mention of a pano mode, I presumed
      most modern offerings would have this now. It looks like exposure is full auto only so this
      will cause problems shooting for conventional stitching.

      "Why use a camera phone?", I hear you all asking.

      It's got a 41Mp sensor (with on-sensor binning for NR if needed), three times the sensor
      area of a Canon G12 and a CZ lens that outresolves many pro DSLR lenses.

      The resolution on the sample images is amazing.

      So Pano mode? (fingers crossed).

      Keith D
    • prague
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9 7:34 AM
        it's a 41MP sensor, but it shrinks the image down to 5 or 8 megapixels which should result in a sharper image, i guess.

        they say that the camera will come to windows phones too.... eventually.....

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Davison" <megakd@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anyone know if there ia a panorama mode of any kind built in to the Nokia 808
        > Pureview camera phone?
        >
        > I've checked the published specs but there is no mention of a pano mode, I presumed
        > most modern offerings would have this now. It looks like exposure is full auto only so this
        > will cause problems shooting for conventional stitching.
        >
        > "Why use a camera phone?", I hear you all asking.
        >
        > It's got a 41Mp sensor (with on-sensor binning for NR if needed), three times the sensor
        > area of a Canon G12 and a CZ lens that outresolves many pro DSLR lenses.
        >
        > The resolution on the sample images is amazing.
        >
        > So Pano mode? (fingers crossed).
        >
        > Keith D

      • Keith Davison
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9 8:51 AM
          > it's a 41MP sensor, but it shrinks the image down to 5 or 8 megapixels which should result in a
          > sharper image, i guess.

          You can get unbinned 39MP output, the published images at this res have astonishing
          detail.

          The Zeiss guy who designed the lens claims it out-resolves many pro DSLR lenses, the
          published images certainly seemed to show more detail than my current Canon APS-C/ L
          glass produces, hence my interest.
        • prague
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16 1:22 PM
            where are the example images of this, please?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17 10:05 AM
              Here is a link to some samples with full resolution segments:-

              http://www.businessinsider.com/nokia-808-pureview-sample-photos-2012-2?op=1

              The pages I saw originally had more samples and gave size details, unfortunately I did not
              bookmark it, but the link above should give you an idea.

              Here is an interview with a Zeiss scientist discussing the design of the Nokia lens:-

              http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/05/nokia-808-pureview-carl-zeiss-science-of-
              making-the-perfect-lens/

              KeithD