Embedded video for example iOS/Android?

  • Henri Smeets
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
      Is it possible to embed video in a Pano that also displays correctly on
      mobile devices? Or videos that can be activated using hotpspots?

      Does anybody have the link for me of the pano with video of the people in a
      dark forest?

      Thanks!

      Henri

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hi Henri,

        take a look
        It works perfect on iPAD
        and on iPhone it works, BUT not inside the pano, after click on it, it will open up in new window

        Hans Nyberg wrote the code for this page for me.

        Best

        cheers from Rio
        AYRTON

        + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
        http://ayrton360.com
        twitter.com/ayrton360
        "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

        On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Henri Smeets <henri@...> wrote:
        Is it possible to embed video in a Pano that also displays correctly on
        mobile devices? Or videos that can be activated using hotpspots?

        Does anybody have the link for me of the pano with video of the people in a
        dark forest?

        Thanks!

        Henri

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Henri Smeets
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
          Hi Ayrton,

          Thanks for the example, it indeed works on the iPad (1) The panorama will
          display after tapping the screen and the video plays as soon as it's loaded.

          In the iPhone however I see no video, I do hear the sound though.
          Clicking/tappin the TV does nog give me a popup video.

          I don't know but the video doesn't play very smoothly but I guess the source
          video may be at fault here since it doesn't play smoothly on the desktop
          either.

          I guess if the xml of the tablet version would be the same as the iPhone it
          may play as well embedded on the iPhone!

        • Hans
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Henri Smeets <henri@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ayrton,
            >
            > Thanks for the example, it indeed works on the iPad (1) The panorama will
            > display after tapping the screen and the video plays as soon as it's loaded.
            >
            > In the iPhone however I see no video, I do hear the sound though.
            > Clicking/tappin the TV does nog give me a popup video.
            >
            > I don't know but the video doesn't play very smoothly but I guess the source
            > video may be at fault here since it doesn't play smoothly on the desktop
            > either.
            >
            > I guess if the xml of the tablet version would be the same as the iPhone it
            > may play as well embedded on the iPhone!

            On iPhone it will open in Fullscreen when you tap the video.

            On iPad you can embed it either distorted, for example in a TV as in the JUBA panorama I made for AYRTON or just as a popup video which can be placed anywhere like in this demo.
            http://qtvr.dk/demo-bloch/

            Both sound and video can not run automatically on iPad. You have to activate it in some way manually. Thats why I made the special start splash on the JUBA pano.
            Actually it is a large posterfile just like in my demo but it covered the full window instead of just the video.

            Also you can only play one sound/video at same time. You can see that if you open second panorama which has music, this will pause the video if it is running and if you tap it again it starts but it will stop the music.

          • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
              Hi Henry!

              Can be done using KRpano: http://www.recorridosvirtuales.com/demo_video/demo_video.html

              El 6 de marzo de 2012 06:42, Henri Smeets <henri@...> escribió:

              Is it possible to embed video in a Pano that also displays correctly on
              mobile devices? Or videos that can be activated using hotpspots?

              Does anybody have the link for me of the pano with video of the people in a
              dark forest?

              Thanks!

              Henri

              L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              felipe@...
              1998-5246
              www.fpk.com.mx

            • Willy Kaemena

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2012
                  Thanks Hans, Felipe,

                  Same here Felipe, video opens in fullscreen on iPhone but nothing happens
                  when pressing the video-play button in the iPad.

                  Ayrtons 'Beatles-man' example is the other way around, works embedded on the
                  iPad (1), albeit a bit choppy video, and noting happens on the iPhone (4)

                  The Bloch demo with video overlay works on iPad and on iPhone.

                  I also tried Panotour Pro, works fine on desktop locally, when uploaded,
                  video no longer works and on iOS it only shows the 'radar' hotspot circles
                  in the video-area.

                  It's seems to be bit hit and miss for now!

                • Felipe