Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: anyone want to build a 3d pano scanner?

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2012
      This reminds me of the 3D-360 that was demoed at the VR Summit in Savannah back in 2005 (http://www.360s.com), just cruder and a hell of a lot cheaper.

      John Riley
      4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      http://4pi-vr.com
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504
      (c)864-431-7075
      (w)864-503-5775

      On Mar 4, 2012, at 10:27 PM, panovrx wrote:

      Reconstructme
      http://reconstructme.net/
      is a new (free for non-profit uses) program that brings the promise of the Kinect as a hand-held 3d scanner closer.
      You can move the scanner around an object and it progressively completes the model.
      http://reconstructme.net/usage/
      No textures yet but is very impressive I think for the results it gets out of a $150 game accessory. It can scan a 1m cubic volume at a time
      and then you could assemble those if you wanted to do a whole room I guess.
      The scans are supposed to be metrically accurate so they should join up ok.
      (My head -- I swivelled round on an office chair in front of the Kinect
      http://www.mediavr.com/head.jpg )

      PeterM