Re: anyone want to build a 3d pano scanner?

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2012
      Reconstructme
      http://reconstructme.net/
      is a new (free for non-profit uses) program that brings the promise of the Kinect as a hand-held 3d scanner closer.
      You can move the scanner around an object and it progressively completes the model.
      http://reconstructme.net/usage/
      No textures yet but is very impressive I think for the results it gets out of a $150 game accessory. It can scan a 1m cubic volume at a time
      and then you could assemble those if you wanted to do a whole room I guess.
      The scans are supposed to be metrically accurate so they should join up ok.
      (My head -- I swivelled round on an office chair in front of the Kinect
      http://www.mediavr.com/head.jpg )

      PeterM

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...> wrote:

      > you could build it using the newly hacked kinect.
      >
      > http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/open-kinect-contest/
      >
      > $1000 prize ;-)

    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2012