Returned mail: User unknown

  • jook@mac.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2012
      The original message was received at 2012-03-02 14:50:34 -0500
      from postoffice.Belkin [10.0.0.1]

      <jook@...>

      -----Transcript of session follows -----
      ... while talking to postoffice.Belkin.:
      >>> RCPT To:<jook@...>
      <<< 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: jook@...
      550 <jook@...>... User unknown
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2012
        You know who this is, right? How many members do we have named "Jook." He must be on assignment someplace exotic and using one of his "throwaway" email addresses for some reason.

        Please try again, Jook. Your posts are ALWAYS worth reading!

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2012
          Am 03.03.2012 15:16, schrieb Peter:
          > You know who this is, right? How many members do we have named
          > "Jook." He must be on assignment someplace exotic and using one of
          > his "throwaway" email addresses for some reason.

          Normally this should not come through to the list. Yahoo catches
          bouncing mails and sets the "bouncing" status for that members.
          Currently we have 57 members with bouncing email addresses. Jook is not
          on this list. I usually go through this list every few weeks and try to
          reactivate the addresses. Unfortunately this fails most of the time. If
          a particular address bounced for more than a year and the respective
          user didn't post in that time, I usually remove the member.

          Most frequent reason is an expired yahoo mail account. If you read this
          list by other means than email, please log in to yahoo, go to
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/members?group=bounce
          and see whether you are on the list. Click "View History" and scroll
          down to see the bounce reason. Try to correct the problem. You can
          change or add email addresses if you follow "Edit Membership" link.

          Please don't reply to this thread, if you have complaints or
          suggestions, use Panotools-List or mail the owners directly:
          PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com