Re: GoPro cameras

  • pepoloe
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
      You may check
      GoPro PentaArray camera mount from photoshipone
      http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_6&products_id=222
      they also offer a distribution board to release the camera.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Fontvielle <fontviea@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I recommend you to visit diyphotography or diystreetview. I remember
      > finding some useful info on gopro hacking there.
      > As you will be shooting with UAV, you should be concerned by
      > synchronisation of your cameras, it is possible to derive all individual
      > camera triggers into one.
      > cheers
      > Adrien Fontvielle
      >

      > 2012/3/2 panovrx <panovrx@...>
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > for video I get these fovs at some settings:
      > > .. I think some of these fovs correspond to some of the still fovs but I
      > > am not sure which .. as I am mainly using them for videos
      > >
      > > PeterM
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <nedchiariello@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sorry I mean it's strictly automatic.

      > > comes close to my Nikon 10.5mm fisheye. It's strictly manual so even the
      > > white balance can change making it a little challenging. Images are
      > > 3840X2880 and file sizes average about 7.5 MB each.

      > > degrees, or 127º? I find no documentation about the stills sizes and fov in
      > > pixels.

      > > examples can be of any help.
      > > http://www.welcometopem.com/panosite/page5/page8/page8.html

      > > menu, one of the options I have is to use an ensamble of GoPro cameras
      > > (because of their light weight). I´ve already ordered a couple of those to
      > > try them out, I´d like to know if anyone on this group has had any
      > > experience attempting to shoot and assemble panos with this kind of gear.

    • Giorgio Marchetto
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012

        Really interesting camera mount,
        does it work with the newest HD Hero2?

        Final panorama vertical FOV for 360 video? I try to calculate:

        1080p WIDE (vertical): 125.0
        but you need 6 cameras to get more than 360° horizontally (70.7 x 6 = 424.2) >>> pano video size: 5500x1920 (360x125)

        960p WIDE (vertical): 118.6 - (horizontal 93.9x5=469.5)

        >>> pano video size: 3680x1280 (360x118.6)

        Are the calculations corrects?

        >>> There are two main video ratios used by the Gopro : 16:9 and 4:3

        >>> The 1080p (16:9) options are WIDE, MEDIUM and
        NARROW - all 1920*1080
        >>>The 960p (4:3) options are WIDE, MEDIUM and NARROW -
        all 1280*960

        >>> The widest horizontal coverage is at the 1080p WIDE
        setting: 125.0 degrees
        >>> The widest vertical coverage is at the 960p WIDE
        setting: 93.9 degrees

        >>> In detail (these are the settings I tested):
        >>> 1080p WIDE 125.0 * 70.7 degrees
        >>> 1080p MEDIUM 96.99 * 54.5 degrees
        >>> 960p WIDE 118.6 * 93.9 degrees

        G.Marchetto