Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: GoPro cameras

  • Adrien Fontvielle
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hi, I recommend you to visit diyphotography or diystreetview. I remember finding some useful info on gopro hacking there.
      As you will be shooting with UAV, you should be concerned by synchronisation of your cameras, it is possible to derive all individual camera triggers into one.
      cheers
      Adrien Fontvielle

      2012/3/2 panovrx <panovrx@...>

      for video I get these fovs at some settings:
      .. I think some of these fovs correspond to some of the still fovs but I am not sure which .. as I am mainly using them for videos

      PeterM

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <nedchiariello@...> wrote:

      > Sorry I mean it's strictly automatic.
      >
      > On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Ned Chiariello wrote:
      >
      > > These were shot at the wide 170 degree setting. I find the camera lens comes close to my Nikon 10.5mm fisheye. It's strictly manual so even the white balance can change making it a little challenging. Images are 3840X2880 and file sizes average about 7.5 MB each.
      > >

      > > On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:11 PM, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:
      > >

      > >> Thanks Ned!
      > >>
      > >> It gives me a good idea of the possibilities. Is the HFOV 170º degrees, or 127º? I find no documentation about the stills sizes and fov in pixels.
      > >>

      > >> El 1 de marzo de 2012 18:02, Ned Chiariello <nedchiariello@...> escribió:

      > >> I have been shooting handheld panoramas with a GoPro Hero2. If these examples can be of any help. http://www.welcometopem.com/panosite/page5/page8/page8.html

      > >> --
      > >> L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      > >> felipe@...

      > >> 1998-5246
      > >> www.fpk.com.mx
      > >> http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
      > >>
      > >> Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
      > >> Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

    • pepoloe
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
        You may check
        GoPro PentaArray camera mount from photoshipone
        http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_6&products_id=222
        they also offer a distribution board to release the camera.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Fontvielle <fontviea@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I recommend you to visit diyphotography or diystreetview. I remember
        > finding some useful info on gopro hacking there.
        > As you will be shooting with UAV, you should be concerned by
        > synchronisation of your cameras, it is possible to derive all individual
        > camera triggers into one.
        > cheers
        > Adrien Fontvielle
        >

        > 2012/3/2 panovrx <panovrx@...>
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > for video I get these fovs at some settings:
        > > .. I think some of these fovs correspond to some of the still fovs but I
        > > am not sure which .. as I am mainly using them for videos
        > >
        > > PeterM
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <nedchiariello@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Sorry I mean it's strictly automatic.

        > > comes close to my Nikon 10.5mm fisheye. It's strictly manual so even the
        > > white balance can change making it a little challenging. Images are
        > > 3840X2880 and file sizes average about 7.5 MB each.

        > > degrees, or 127º? I find no documentation about the stills sizes and fov in
        > > pixels.

        > > examples can be of any help.
        > > http://www.welcometopem.com/panosite/page5/page8/page8.html

        > > menu, one of the options I have is to use an ensamble of GoPro cameras
        > > (because of their light weight). I´ve already ordered a couple of those to
        > > try them out, I´d like to know if anyone on this group has had any
        > > experience attempting to shoot and assemble panos with this kind of gear.

      • Giorgio Marchetto
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012

          Really interesting camera mount,
          does it work with the newest HD Hero2?

          Final panorama vertical FOV for 360 video? I try to calculate:

          1080p WIDE (vertical): 125.0
          but you need 6 cameras to get more than 360° horizontally (70.7 x 6 = 424.2) >>> pano video size: 5500x1920 (360x125)

          960p WIDE (vertical): 118.6 - (horizontal 93.9x5=469.5)

          >>> pano video size: 3680x1280 (360x118.6)

          Are the calculations corrects?

          >>> There are two main video ratios used by the Gopro : 16:9 and 4:3

          >>> The 1080p (16:9) options are WIDE, MEDIUM and
          NARROW - all 1920*1080
          >>>The 960p (4:3) options are WIDE, MEDIUM and NARROW -
          all 1280*960

          >>> The widest horizontal coverage is at the 1080p WIDE
          setting: 125.0 degrees
          >>> The widest vertical coverage is at the 960p WIDE
          setting: 93.9 degrees

          >>> In detail (these are the settings I tested):
          >>> 1080p WIDE 125.0 * 70.7 degrees
          >>> 1080p MEDIUM 96.99 * 54.5 degrees
          >>> 960p WIDE 118.6 * 93.9 degrees

          G.Marchetto