Aperture question

  • thumeau
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2012
      Hello,
      In my quest for the perfect workflow for Pano processing, my current problem is the following:
      After shooting, I import my pictures in Aperture in a new project.
      Then I select the pictures for a pano and right click to edit them with PTGui. (Which I have set as an external editor in Aperture).
      With PTGui, I obviously create a new image file and I would like this file to be easily added to the same project as my original images.
      But if I save in the default PTGui folder (which is a hidden folder somewhere in my Aperture library), the file is there but won't appear in Aperture because it has not been imported in Aperture.
      For now, my solution is to save in a different folder that I can access easily and then import the equirect pano image manually into Aperture.
      It's a bit cumbersome of a process.

      I'm wondering if there is a smarter way to achieve that.

      Thanks,
      Thomas
      http://www.photo-culture.com

      PS: Pano of a massive icicles wall I took recently in Japan:
      http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderna_museet
    • thumeau
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2012
        Wrong link for the icicles. Was supposed to be this:
        http://www.360cities.net/image/icicles-of-misotsuchi-chichibu-saitama-japan