Re: handhel lightmeter OT?

  • Tived
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2012
      Well, I want to chip in here,

      I use both, I mean I use my lightmeter (Sekonic 608), the camera reading
      in-camera but also look at the histogram in my live-view, as I swing the
      camera from side to side.

      What is handy with my lightmeter is that I can take 10 readings and average
      them out. I definately don't think that lightmeters are obsolite yet. One
      thing I think is more important, or equally as one can not do with some sort
      of metering (be it manual or auto) is color meters, and again we can shoot a
      grey card, 24-patch Macbeth chart et...

      I would buy one if they were not so bl**dy expensive ;-)

      anyway, just my $.02

      PS: In camera 1Degree or less spot meter is archived with a very long lens
      ;-)