Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama not working with Chrome

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
      I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

      Boštjan

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
        Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
        > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
        > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

        Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
        cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
        load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
        - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

        Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
          I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

          Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

          :) Boštjan

          Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
          > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
          > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

          Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
          cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
          load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
          - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

          Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
          http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
            Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

            Sacha

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
              After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

              Bostjan

              Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
              > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
              > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

              Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
              cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
              load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
              - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

              Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
              http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

            • Matthew Rogers
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve your problem:

                Matt

                On 26 Feb 2012, at 17:57, Bostjan Burger wrote:

                After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                Bostjan

                Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

              • Kyle Goodnight
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                  I was using Chrome (canary) and suddnely, addon's that had been working fine started crashing.  A photoshop training site I use, suddenly ,the streaming started "picelating" (sp) and various other small annoyances.  I tried reinstalling but finally had to go back to firefox...which works fine...Still wondering what happeed??

                  Kyle

                  Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:57 PM

                  After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                  Bostjan

                  Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                  Sacha

                  On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                  Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:33 AM

                  Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                  Sacha

                  On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                  Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:42 AM

                  I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

                  Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

                  :) Boštjan

                  Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                  > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                  > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                  Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                  cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                  load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                  - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                  Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                  http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                  Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:36 AM

                  Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                  > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                  > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                  Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                  cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                  load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                  - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                  Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                  http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                  Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:51 PM

                  --
                  Regards,
                  Kyle

              • Bostjan Burger
                Message 8 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                  Thanks... I was with Mozilla (before Nestcape), never used IE but I am starting to love Chrome.

                  Boštjan

                  Message 9 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                    Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                    > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                    > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                    > your problem:
                    >
                    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                    I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                    side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                    "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                    with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                    serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                    enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                    servers."

                    I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                    the SWF file itself works.

                  • Bostjan Burger
                    Message 10 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                      The javascript is the direct output from Pano2VR after tranformation of 360° panorama into VR Panorama. It is same as it was with previous Chrome versions where all worked well.

                      Bostjan

                      Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                      > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                      > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                      > your problem:
                      >
                      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                      I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                      side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                      "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                      with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                      serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                      enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                      servers."

                      I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                      the SWF file itself works.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to: