Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama not working with Chrome

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
      Sorry, I don't get it... the browser history and cache are cleared and I don't run any other flash window. The script is direct output form Pano2VR (latest version), not modified.

      Bostjan

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012

        Sorry it’s quite bizarre. What fails consistently one time does not fail after a window close.

        I did see this error on one fail.

        Document was loaded from Application Cache with manifest http://www.burger.si/RLV_STOLP/02_VRH_RudarskiStolp.manifest

        Application Cache Checking event

        http://www.burger.si/RLV_STOLP/02_VRH_RudarskiStolp.swfFailed to load resource

        Application Cache NoUpdate event

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com

        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

        EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

        IM: sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
          I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

          Boštjan

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
            Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
            > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
            > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

            Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
            cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
            load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
            - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

            Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
              I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

              Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

              :) Boštjan

              Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
              > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
              > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

              Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
              cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
              load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
              - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

              Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
              http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                Sacha

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                  After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                  Bostjan

                  Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                  > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                  > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                  Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                  cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                  load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                  - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                  Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                  http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                • Matthew Rogers
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                    WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve your problem:

                    Matt

                    On 26 Feb 2012, at 17:57, Bostjan Burger wrote:

                    After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                    Bostjan

                    Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                    > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                    > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                    Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                    cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                    load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                    - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                    Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                    http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                  • Kyle Goodnight
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                      I was using Chrome (canary) and suddnely, addon's that had been working fine started crashing.  A photoshop training site I use, suddenly ,the streaming started "picelating" (sp) and various other small annoyances.  I tried reinstalling but finally had to go back to firefox...which works fine...Still wondering what happeed??

                      Kyle

                      Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:57 PM

                      After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                      Bostjan

                      Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                      Sacha

                      On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                      Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:33 AM

                      Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                      Sacha

                      On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                      Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:42 AM

                      I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

                      Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

                      :) Boštjan

                      Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                      > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                      > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                      Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                      cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                      load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                      - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                      Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                      http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                      Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:36 AM

                      Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                      > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                      > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                      Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                      cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                      load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                      - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                      Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                      http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                      Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:51 PM

                      --
                      Regards,
                      Kyle

                  • Bostjan Burger
                    Message 10 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                      Thanks... I was with Mozilla (before Nestcape), never used IE but I am starting to love Chrome.

                      Boštjan

                      Message 11 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                        Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                        > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                        > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                        > your problem:
                        >
                        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                        I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                        side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                        "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                        with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                        serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                        enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                        servers."

                        I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                        the SWF file itself works.

                      • Bostjan Burger
                        Message 12 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                          The javascript is the direct output from Pano2VR after tranformation of 360° panorama into VR Panorama. It is same as it was with previous Chrome versions where all worked well.

                          Bostjan

                          Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                          > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                          > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                          > your problem:
                          >
                          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                          I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                          side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                          "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                          with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                          serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                          enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                          servers."

                          I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                          the SWF file itself works.

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to: