Panorama not working with Chrome

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 24, 2012
      I made a cylindrical panorama which works with IE, Safari, Mozilla but not with Chrome...: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.html

      I am digging into the problem but at the moment my head is empty...

      Any ideas?

      Bostjan
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
        Hi Bostjan,
        no doesn´t work on Chrome- the next pano doesnt´t lod, the menue-pano loads.
        runs in FF but some don´t - the "Bear-Pano" behaves just like Chrome: flaps a little an
        returns the menue-screen.

        i can not get back to the menue after viewing a pano.
        can not find the button an FF returns to the screen before your url was opened.

        OK - the "Eye" works a little slow- wasn´t patient enough ;(((

        ciao
        mike
        http://www.virtugraf.de
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

        I am digging into the problem but at the moment my head is empty...

        Any ideas?

        Bostjan

        Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
      • Rodrigo Alarcon
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
          Hi Bostjan,

          I tried it in Chrome, it loads the initial pano, with all the little individual photos which I presume are links to panoramas, but when I click on the red buttons, which I suppose are the link to each individual panorama, they dont work; the original panorama retreat a bit backward and then comes back to full screen again without opening the individual panos.

          Kind regards,

          Rodrigo
          .

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
            Exactly that...now I wonder why it works with all browsers but not with Chrome.

            Boštjan

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012

              Hey Bostjan,

              Just do this.

              body {

                              height:100%

                              font-size: 10pt;

                              margin-left: 0px;

                              margin-right: 0px;

              }

              When you use percentages, they are percentages of the containing item.. in this case cascading back all the way until body, which doesn’t have any size set.

              Sacha Griffin

              http://www.seeit360.com

              http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

              http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

              EMAIL: sachagriffin@...

              IM: sachagriffin007@...

              Office: 404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
                I wil try this. It is interesting that with Chrome works offline from my HD but not online. Other spherical panoramas with same settings works just fine, the problem is only with cylindical panorama.

                Boštjan

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012

                  I was just tried a random spherical I picked out on your main page which was missing the appropriate css. Some panoramas work, but some don’t.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
                    True, but I do not understand why same panorama displayed with Chrome once display right but in some other time not. The issue is only for Chrome and for online.

                    Bostjan

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012

                      Ah I see the main issue here.

                      Your embed script. Won’t show embed properly if there is already a flash object displayed in another window or tab.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
                        Sorry, I don't get it... the browser history and cache are cleared and I don't run any other flash window. The script is direct output form Pano2VR (latest version), not modified.

                        Bostjan

                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012

                          Sorry it’s quite bizarre. What fails consistently one time does not fail after a window close.

                          I did see this error on one fail.

                          Document was loaded from Application Cache with manifest http://www.burger.si/RLV_STOLP/02_VRH_RudarskiStolp.manifest

                          Application Cache Checking event

                          http://www.burger.si/RLV_STOLP/02_VRH_RudarskiStolp.swfFailed to load resource

                          Application Cache NoUpdate event

                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 25, 2012
                            I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                            Boštjan

                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                              Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                              > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                              > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                              Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                              cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                              load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                              - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                              Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:

                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

                                Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

                                :) Boštjan

                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                  Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                                  Sacha

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                    After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                                    Bostjan

                                    Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                                    > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                                    > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                                    Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                                    cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                                    load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                                    - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                                    Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                                    http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                                  • Matthew Rogers
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                      WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve your problem:

                                      Matt

                                      On 26 Feb 2012, at 17:57, Bostjan Burger wrote:

                                      After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                                      Bostjan

                                      Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                                      > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                                      > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                                      Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                                      cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                                      load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                                      - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                                      Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                                      http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                                    • Kyle Goodnight
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                        I was using Chrome (canary) and suddnely, addon's that had been working fine started crashing.  A photoshop training site I use, suddenly ,the streaming started "picelating" (sp) and various other small annoyances.  I tried reinstalling but finally had to go back to firefox...which works fine...Still wondering what happeed??

                                        Kyle

                                        Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:57 PM

                                        After some hours the same problem has occured. So not Chrome, not swf and script (?) ...server? hm... but why not with Safari, IE, Mozilla, Opera...only Chrome..

                                        Bostjan

                                        Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                                        Sacha

                                        On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                                        Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:33 AM

                                        Since its on multiple installs of chrome and wildly inconsistent, I would investigate your web server. I've never seen anything like what is happening on another site with chrome. Also only the swf resource is affected.

                                        Sacha

                                        On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                                        Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:42 AM

                                        I still don't understand the reason for strange behaviour of Chrome but I have uninstalled the Chrome, swithched computer off and then after restarting installed the fresh version of Chrome again. Now on WinPC and MacPC works fluently. I can just guess that it was something wrong with the automatic update of Chrome.

                                        Can someone try that procedure and confirm my notice?

                                        :) Boštjan

                                        Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                                        > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                                        > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                                        Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                                        cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                                        load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                                        - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                                        Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                                        http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                                        Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:36 AM

                                        Am 26.02.2012 05:51, schrieb Bostjan Burger:
                                        > I have noticed that the issue is only with the new updated version of
                                        > Chrome (17.0.963.56 m)... I am still confused...

                                        Yesterday trying the html page I couldn't follow the hotspots from the
                                        cylindrical to the other panoramas, but today it completely fails to
                                        load. Developer tools console reports an error: "Failed to load resource
                                        - http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf"

                                        Interesting that it works perfectly, if I open the .swf directly:
                                        http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_FasenkMarkovci/seznam.swf

                                        Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:51 PM

                                        --
                                        Regards,
                                        Kyle

                                    • Bostjan Burger
                                      Message 19 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                        Thanks... I was with Mozilla (before Nestcape), never used IE but I am starting to love Chrome.

                                        Boštjan

                                        Message 20 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                          Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                                          > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                                          > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                                          > your problem:
                                          >
                                          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                                          I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                                          side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                                          "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                                          with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                                          serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                                          enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                                          servers."

                                          I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                                          the SWF file itself works.

                                        • Bostjan Burger
                                          Message 21 of 21 , Feb 26, 2012
                                            The javascript is the direct output from Pano2VR after tranformation of 360° panorama into VR Panorama. It is same as it was with previous Chrome versions where all worked well.

                                            Bostjan

                                            Am 26.02.2012 19:26, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                                            > WHY ? Because internally chrome uses a completely different protocol to
                                            > request and download files. I'm not sure if reading up on it will solve
                                            > your problem:
                                            >
                                            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

                                            I doubt that's the reason. If I understand correctly SPDY needs a server
                                            side counterpart. From the wikipedia page:

                                            "The browsers Google Chrome and Chromium utilize SPDY when communicating
                                            with Google services, such as Google Search, Gmail, Chrome sync and when
                                            serving Google's ads. Google acknowledges that the use of SPDY is
                                            enabled in the communication between Chrome and Google's SSL-enabled
                                            servers."

                                            I guess the problem has something to do with swfobject javascript, since
                                            the SWF file itself works.

                                            <*> Your email settings:
                                                Individual Email | Traditional

                                            <*> To change settings online go to: