Re: some webgl experiments

  • prague
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2012

      > a regular perspective WebGl version of Google Streetview
      > http://www.clicktorelease.com/code/street/index.html

      but google themselves have streetview available in a webgl viewer for months now, right on google maps. just click "experience mapsgl" on the bottom left of the page on google maps.

      > also for fans of 3d cities
      > http://maps3d.svc.nokia.com/webgl/
      > .. it even has a lot of Sydney in 3d! OMG it even has my apartment in 3d!:-)
      > .. these are extremely detailed models

      yes, these are very very awesome. i love it. these have been available on nokia maps for about a year now, i believe. the 3d maps are made by c3 technologies which was acquired by apple about 6 months ago. i guess we can expect this stuff to disappear from nokia and re-appear on iOS whenever apple releases their own Maps (they have apparently had their own geo dept. for a couple of years now)
      http://blogs.computerworld.com/14835/apple_purchased_mapping_company_in_july_to_replace_google

      this brings me to the next question. not to hijack this thread, i'll start a new one...