Re: Cincinnati Panorama of 1848

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
      Pretty amazing stuff.
      I listen to the Story on NPR and today Patricia Van Skalk was interviewed about the project.

      The camera back in 1840 was $10K not to mention the silver and chemicals used.
      Today that camera would cost $27K. What would $27K today to produce a Daguerreotype image??

      Patricia said, "the Daguerreotype remains the most detailed image of any photography method to date."

      Any thoughts about that quote.

      Richard