Cincinnati Panorama of 1848

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
    • rcgillespie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
      • Ron Rack
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
          Wow, I am glad they finally got this on-line. It is especially cool to go to the library and see the original restored glass plates and the new giant sized 4 to 5 feet wide touch screen display they have to interact with this panorama

          ron rack

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2012
            Pretty amazing stuff.
            I listen to the Story on NPR and today Patricia Van Skalk was interviewed about the project.

            The camera back in 1840 was $10K not to mention the silver and chemicals used.
            Today that camera would cost $27K. What would $27K today to produce a Daguerreotype image??

            Patricia said, "the Daguerreotype remains the most detailed image of any photography method to date."

            Any thoughts about that quote.

            Richard