Re: Unusual panoramic movie

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
      No I mean an outside view of the girl and the hoop and the camera and what they are doing. The video reminds me a lot of the 2 hour long avant garde panoramic movie by Michael Snow "La Region Centrale" 1971. He built a remote controlled robotic panoramic camera which played back rotational recording sequences in all directions
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130232/
      http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/works/region-central/images/3/
      He said he wanted to give the effect of a recording of an aliens remote space probe to earth.

      His camera mount machinery has been resuscitated and you sometimes see it spinning about in a gallery survey of contemporary art.

      PeterM