Nikon in Vegas

  • john law
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      Hello
      In May we are travelling from the UK to the GC North Rim via Las Vegas.
      Could anyone recommend a Nikon Pro dealer in Vegas where I could order a D800 to collect on my way.

      Thanks

      JL

      John Law ARPS
      JL Panoramas
      www.john-law.org.uk
      mail@...
      t:   01225 339590
      m: 07814 993904

    • mrjimbo
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        You may be able to get a D4 in that time frame  but I wouldn't hold my breath on a D800..

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
          On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:33 AM, john law <mail@...> wrote:

          Hello
          In May we are travelling from the UK to the GC North Rim via Las Vegas.
          Could anyone recommend a Nikon Pro dealer in Vegas where I could order a D800 to collect on my way.

          Are you going straight to Vegas, or coming in via Los Angeles or elsewhere? If you must pick it up in Vegas and want a proper dealer - not a megachain like Ritz (which has several locations in Vegas) or Frys - you could try Casey's... they've been in town forever, are a more traditional shop catering to pro's and serious hobbyists.

          If you're coming through LA, I can recommend both Samy's and Calumet in general - I also really like Bel-Air in Westwood as a smaller, more personal shop.

          -R
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
            On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...> wrote:

            On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:33 AM, john law <mail@...> wrote:

            Hello
            In May we are travelling from the UK to the GC North Rim via Las Vegas.
            Could anyone recommend a Nikon Pro dealer in Vegas where I could order a D800 to collect on my way.

            Are you going straight to Vegas, or coming in via Los Angeles or elsewhere? If you must pick it up in Vegas and want a proper dealer - not a megachain like Ritz (which has several locations in Vegas) or Frys - you could try Casey's... they've been in town forever, are a more traditional shop catering to pro's and serious hobbyists.

            If you're coming through LA, I can recommend both Samy's and Calumet in general - I also really like Bel-Air in Westwood as a smaller, more personal shop.

            I was at Sammy's and Bel-Air last week

            They do not have any F idea when the D800 or the D4 will arrive there

            At  B&H and Adorama in New York, they say it will arrive in the second quarter of April

            And ONLY to those who got in the waiting list
            I'm number #55 on the list for the D800E

            The D4 is suppossed to arrive in March

            At Vegas, I was tehre too last week and could not find anything

            And I went to the North Rim of GC too

            :-)

            best
            AYRTON

            -R

          • Christian Bloch
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
              I expect a full report from you on shooting without AA filter. ;)

              My guess is that JPEG will be out of question, but I wonder if lens diffraction at 36 MP wouldn't be much bigger than the AA softness. I also wonder if the AA filter removal has an effect on video quality.

              Blochi

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

                I expect a full report from you on shooting without AA filter. ;)

                Ok :-)

                My guess is that JPEG will be out of question,

                I never ever never use it :-)

                but I wonder if lens diffraction at 36 MP wouldn't be much bigger than the AA softness.

                got check !

                I also wonder if the AA filter removal has an effect on video quality.

                will see

                best

                Blochi

                On Feb 8, 2012, at 6:46 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                I'm number #55 on the list for the D800E

              • Pat Swovelin
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2012
                  On 2/7/2012 4:33 AM, john law wrote: Hello
                  In May we are travelling from the UK to the GC North Rim via Las Vegas.
                  Could anyone recommend a Nikon Pro dealer in Vegas where I could order a D800 to collect on my way.

                  Order one from B&H in NYC and have it shipped to Vegas.

                  Thanks

                  JL

                  John Law ARPS
                  JL Panoramas
                  www.john-law.org.uk
                  mail@...
                  t:   01225 339590
                  m: 07814 993904

                  Pat Swovelin
                  Cool Guy @ Large
                • Paul Fretheim
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 9, 2012

                    Sahara Camera Center
                    LIFE IS FUN, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS TO PROVE IT!
                    2600 West Sahara Avenue, ste. 119, Las Vegas, NV 89102-4366
                    (702) 457-3333 · Fax: (702) 457-7768
                    Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM · Friday 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
                    Saturday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM · Closed Sundays

                    http://saharacameracenter.com/

                  • mrjimbo
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 9, 2012

                      Hey guys.. a question on the D800 or the D4 for that matter .. I'm not finding info in an area that I'd like to know ..It's regarding auto focus.. Does the auto focus on either or both of these work when the camera is used in Live View both in Movie and / or  regular modes.. Sorry for bugging you guys but can't seem to find that.. Previous cameras didn't..

                      jimbo