Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Bryce etc free for February

  • Ron Rack
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 6 1:25 PM
      How does Bryce et al etc. compare with the always free "Blender.org" ? I have not used either. What would be better to start learning?

      Ron Rack

      On Feb 6, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Uri wrote:

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

      > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

      This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
      I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
      Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

      http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

      I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

      http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6 7:14 PM
        On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 05:44:09 +0900, Uri <uri@...> wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter
        >> kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory
        >> tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!
        >

        > This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners"
        > will yield quite a few helpful links.

        They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe I'm old enough
        for that to apply...

        > I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo

        I think that is the largest nadir cap I have ever seen. And QUITE the
        most original! But somehow I do not feel encouraged to emulate it.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger