Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Bryce etc free for February

  • Kyle Goodnight
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 6, 2012
      Is Bryce Free...?? Web site a bit confusing...
      Kyle

      Monday, February 06, 2012 3:44 PM

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

      > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

      This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
      I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
      Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

      http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

      I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

      http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8

      Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:58 PM

      On Feb 5, 2012, at 9:41 PM, "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
      > ..
      >>
      >> If anyone has ever used Bryce to add an interesting sky to a panorama, I'd
      >> be
      >> really glad if you could point me in the right direction to find out how
      >> it can
      >> be done.
      >>

      > It is ten years since I used Bryce for pano sky renders this but this tutorial like it will work
      > http://www.daz3d.com/i/tutorial/tutorial?id=980

      I must confess that it was my complete ignorance of the complexity of graphic image generation software like Bryce that made me even entertain the idea of using it to generate skies for my "white sky" panoramas. I mean, here's someone who is still splashing around in the shallows of PhotoShop (me) imagining he can use Bryce? It would be laughable if it weren't pathetic.

      Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

      Argh!

      Roger W.

  • Ron Rack
    Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2012
      How does Bryce et al etc. compare with the always free "Blender.org" ? I have not used either. What would be better to start learning?

      Ron Rack

      On Feb 6, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Uri wrote:

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

      > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

      This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
      I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
      Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

      http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

      I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

      http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
      and:
      http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2012
        On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 05:44:09 +0900, Uri <uri@...> wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter
        >> kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory
        >> tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!
        >

        > This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners"
        > will yield quite a few helpful links.

        They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe I'm old enough
        for that to apply...

        > I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo

        I think that is the largest nadir cap I have ever seen. And QUITE the
        most original! But somehow I do not feel encouraged to emulate it.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger