Re: Rokinon 8mm

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
      For best results I recommend to check the results on the final image.
      Not by measuring and not through the viewfinder.
      Probably there are some tolerances in lens manufacturing but In my setups I couldn't see any negative effect.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...> wrote:

      > On 2/5/2012 11:49 AM, rcgillespie wrote:
      >
      > > I have a Rokinon 8 mm on a Sony A55 / Nodal Ninja 3 / RD16 rotator.
      > > I have found the centering of the lens on the lower rail is 5.1 mm.,
      > > while my sigma 10-20 mm. and other lenses, are 5.4.5 mm..
      > >
      > > Is this possible? I thought all lenses on a camera are centered the
      > > same on the lower rail.
      >
      > It's a combo of the lens build and how it mounts on the body. Is
      > everything tight on the head and where the body mounts to it? Are you
      > positioning the vertical rail on the bottom rail by tilting -90° and
      > sliding the vertical rail until the center focus point on the ground
      > glass is centered over the NN logo on the rotator?
      >
      > > Richard
      >

      > Pat Swovelin
      > Cool Guy @ Large

    • Cuffsmaster
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
        I am going to bed  it is about 1:20 here

        any final question before I end conversation tonight