Re: [PanoToolsNG] Bryce etc free for February

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5 12:21 PM
      Well, I don't know how much Bruce has evolved by now, but I can tell that realistic looking clouds are actually pretty hard to generate. It starts with the physical-force driven shape and ends with the internal light scattering and all these subtle nuances of atmospheric light behavior. That's why CG people prefer to use photographic cloud panoramas.

      If you really want to generate CG clouds, I recommend Vue for more photographic results.

      Blochi

      On Feb 4, 2012, at 12:41 PM, panovrx wrote:

      Want some skies for your panoramas? Bryce is good for this

    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 5 3:48 PM
        They have added a lot of stuff over the years I think -- eg. now they have volumetric clouds
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTioc_4OrY
        PeterM

        > Well, I don't know how much Bruce has evolved by now, but I can tell that realistic looking clouds are actually pretty hard to generate. It starts with the physical-force driven shape and ends with the internal light scattering and all these subtle nuances of atmospheric light behavior. That's why CG people prefer to use photographic cloud panoramas.
        >
        > If you really want to generate CG clouds, I recommend Vue for more photographic results.
        > http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_10_esprit/?page=5
        >
        > Blochi
        >
        > On Feb 4, 2012, at 12:41 PM, panovrx wrote:
        >
        > > Want some skies for your panoramas? Bryce is good for this

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 5 3:58 PM
          On Feb 5, 2012, at 9:41 PM, "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
          > ..
          >>
          >> If anyone has ever used Bryce to add an interesting sky to a panorama, I'd
          >> be
          >> really glad if you could point me in the right direction to find out how
          >> it can
          >> be done.
          >>

          > It is ten years since I used Bryce for pano sky renders this but this tutorial like it will work
          > http://www.daz3d.com/i/tutorial/tutorial?id=980

          I must confess that it was my complete ignorance of the complexity of graphic image generation software like Bryce that made me even entertain the idea of using it to generate skies for my "white sky" panoramas. I mean, here's someone who is still splashing around in the shallows of PhotoShop (me) imagining he can use Bryce? It would be laughable if it weren't pathetic.

          Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

          Argh!

          Roger W.
        • Uri
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6 12:44 PM
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

            > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

            This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
            I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
            Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

            http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
            and:
            http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

            I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

            http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
            and:
            http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8
          • Kyle Goodnight
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 6 1:23 PM
              Is Bryce Free...?? Web site a bit confusing...
              Kyle

              Monday, February 06, 2012 3:44 PM

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

              > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

              This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
              I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
              Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

              http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
              and:
              http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

              I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

              http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
              and:
              http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8

              Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:58 PM

              On Feb 5, 2012, at 9:41 PM, "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
              > ..
              >>
              >> If anyone has ever used Bryce to add an interesting sky to a panorama, I'd
              >> be
              >> really glad if you could point me in the right direction to find out how
              >> it can
              >> be done.
              >>

              > It is ten years since I used Bryce for pano sky renders this but this tutorial like it will work
              > http://www.daz3d.com/i/tutorial/tutorial?id=980

              I must confess that it was my complete ignorance of the complexity of graphic image generation software like Bryce that made me even entertain the idea of using it to generate skies for my "white sky" panoramas. I mean, here's someone who is still splashing around in the shallows of PhotoShop (me) imagining he can use Bryce? It would be laughable if it weren't pathetic.

              Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

              Argh!

              Roger W.

          • Ron Rack
            Message 6 of 16 , Feb 6 1:25 PM
              How does Bryce et al etc. compare with the always free "Blender.org" ? I have not used either. What would be better to start learning?

              Ron Rack

              On Feb 6, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Uri wrote:

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

              > Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!

              This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners" will yield quite a few helpful links.
              I've used Bryce even before I've heard of panoramas :-) and just love it!.
              Some of the Brye-generated images are on my web site. See:

              http://tinyurl.com/6vesv8m
              and:
              http://tinyurl.com/7pey2de

              I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:

              http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo
              and:
              http://tinyurl.com/759fvy8

            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 7 of 16 , Feb 6 7:14 PM
                On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 05:44:09 +0900, Uri <uri@...> wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
                >

                >> Not only can I not follow the instructions in the tutorial that Peter
                >> kindly pointed out above, I can't even understand the introductory
                >> tutorial "for complete novices" that appears on the Bruce site!
                >

                > This is unfortunate. A Google search for "bryce tutorials for beginners"
                > will yield quite a few helpful links.

                They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe I'm old enough
                for that to apply...

                > I've incorporated images created with Bryce into some panoramas. see:
                >
                > http://tinyurl.com/8xzogzo

                I think that is the largest nadir cap I have ever seen. And QUITE the
                most original! But somehow I do not feel encouraged to emulate it.

                Roger W.

                --
                Business: www.adex-japan.com
                Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger