Re: What about Girocam (and 360 video)?

  • Giorgio Marchetto
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
      I found some pano examples (6000x3000pixel) here:
      http://www.kolor.com/girocam-360-camera-by-giroptic-and-kolor.html

      The 3 fisheye lens are tilted up, so the zenith overlap is good.
      Instead, the nadir hole result in 3-waves shape,
      so the vertical useful resolution of the panorama is approximately:
      min: 130° (+90°/-40°)
      max: 148° (+90/-58°)
      A smaller lens tilt could increase the min useful vfov (but lenses are
      fixed).

      g.marchetto

      --
      Ing. Giorgio Marchetto
      Web& Multimedia Developer
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
        Well, who wouldn't want such a device?
        But unless there is a first hand report from a reliable source I would stay far away.
        Maybe on Photokina this year they will surprise is with a progress they have made since two years when they announced the cam.