Re: [PanoToolsNG] What Output Software Do You Use?

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
      I use PTGui to create the equirectangular pano. With the mask tool I seldom need
      to edit the pano.

      If there is editing needed I do that in Photoshop. I have stopped adding logos
      to the panos because I can avoid loading 95% of them into Photoshop and speeding
      up the process.

      I also use Pano2VR to make the panos web accessible but never undertook doing a
      tour.
      Most of of panos end up in blog style (looking) web page with many panos on the
      page, but none of the panos linked together. The pages are static and mostly
      written and maintained in notepad.

      Luc,

      They look good. I like how you customized the icons and show the maps. But I
      had trouble navigating.
      hoteldeglace , I only tried to navigate to a few of the nodes, but it always
      took me back to the starting point, or someplace different than I expected.

      rbci jumping from node to node kept pointing me in a random direction never
      looking in the same direction when I left the previous node.

      chutemontmorency did not work.

      --
      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hey Luc,

        Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

        ;)

        On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

        Hi Bjørn,

        >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

        No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

        www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

        www.360-image.com/rbci2011

        www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

        Luc

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
          The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
          Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around

          chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

          Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

          ciao
          mike

          Mit freundlichen Grüssen
          Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

          http://www.virtugraf.de
          ----------------------------
          360° VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de

          NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          http://www.abstraktfoto.de
          -----------------------------
          Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

          Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

          ;)

          On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

          Hi Bjørn,

          >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

          No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

          www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

          www.360-image.com/rbci2011

          www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

          Luc

          Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
        • Luc Villeneuve
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
            Hi Mike,

            I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

            In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

            Luc

            > The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
            > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around
            >
            > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3
            >
            > Other panos work though- ramarkable work.
            >
            > ciao
            > mike
            >

            > Mit freundlichen Grüssen
            > Virtugraf M. Hundrieser
            >
            > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
            > ----------------------------
            > 360° VR Fotografie:
            > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
            >
            > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
            > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
            > -----------------------------
            > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
            > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
            >

            > _____

          • luc_villeneuve
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012

              >> Hey Luc,
              >>

              >> Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
              >> the irony...

              I forgot to warn you not to put your tongue on the screen or it could stick to your monitor until you quit your browser!

              Luc
            • Kay-Uwe Rosseburg
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                > In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                For me it worked fine on Mac Firefox 9.01, my browser showed it by using
                the html-version, so the switch is not working.

                Nice tour anyhow!

                Kay-Uwe

                --

                www.panorama-photography.com
              • ptgroup
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                  Hi Luc,
                  only browser that works correct on my system is Safari.
                  FFox displays the scene but heavily distorted, Chrome as I said only a flipping picture- not even a scene.

                  Did you output from Pano2VR ?
                  Is there a kind of browser-fork you can enable ?
                  Tourviewer distinguishes Safalai/Mobiles and other browsers and forks you to html5 or flash then.
                  I don´t know if Pano2VR has a similar option or if ther e is some kind of JavaScript one can use ??

                  ciao
                  mike

                  Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                  Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                  http://www.virtugraf.de
                  ----------------------------
                  360° VR Fotografie:
                  http://www.360de.de

                  NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                  http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                  -----------------------------
                  Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                  http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                  I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                  In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                  Luc

                  > The "Hotel de Glace" does
                  not work :(.
                  > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image
                  around

                  > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                  Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                  > ciao

                  mike

                  > Mit freundlichen Grüssen

                  Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                  href="http://www.virtugraf.de">http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                  ----------------------------

                  href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                  href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                  -----------------------------

                  href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Christian Bloch
                  > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
                  21:51
                  > An:
                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  > Hey Luc,
                  >

                  > Your Ice hotel
                  tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                  > the irony...
                  >
                  > ;)
                  >

                  > On Feb
                  2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                  > Hi Bjørn,
                  >
                  > >> My impression is that most people
                  on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series

                  panos.

                  > No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR
                  for the final steps. It allows me to build a
                  > custom interface. I am
                  getting used to it.

                  www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                  www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                  www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                  > Luc
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > I am using
                  the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

                  > Do you have a slow PC? <
                  href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                  Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                    Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:

                    > www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                    Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                    mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                    starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                    least on my machine.

                  • Luc Villeneuve
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                      Hi Erik,

                      Thanks for your good words. You made my day!

                      I cannot figure out which image is FF 10 and FF 3. Could you explain? I would like to see the difference.

                      On 03 févr. 2012, at 10:21, Erik Krause wrote:

                      > Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:
                      >
                      >> www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2
                      >
                      > Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                      > mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                      > starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                      > least on my machine.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Erik Krause
                      > http://www.erik-krause.de

                    • Fernando Chaves
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                        Hi Luc,
                        I think he meant Firefox 10 and Firefox 3.
                        Best regards,
                        Fernando