Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What Output Software Do You Use?

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
      On 2/1/2012 6:01 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
      export cube faces.
      I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
      in PS anyway.

      If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
      do that from PTgui too.
      It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
      it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

      No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
      than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
      linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
      navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.
      Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and

      Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
      Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.

      My mistake.  Then I guess I shouldn't have talked about my workflow either.

      My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

      My workflow is:
      AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

      My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What
      software
      are you using for that last step?

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • luc_villeneuve
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
        Hi Bjørn,

        >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

        No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

        www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

        www.360-image.com/rbci2011

        www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

        Luc
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
          I use PTGui to create the equirectangular pano. With the mask tool I seldom need
          to edit the pano.

          If there is editing needed I do that in Photoshop. I have stopped adding logos
          to the panos because I can avoid loading 95% of them into Photoshop and speeding
          up the process.

          I also use Pano2VR to make the panos web accessible but never undertook doing a
          tour.
          Most of of panos end up in blog style (looking) web page with many panos on the
          page, but none of the panos linked together. The pages are static and mostly
          written and maintained in notepad.

          Luc,

          They look good. I like how you customized the icons and show the maps. But I
          had trouble navigating.
          hoteldeglace , I only tried to navigate to a few of the nodes, but it always
          took me back to the starting point, or someplace different than I expected.

          rbci jumping from node to node kept pointing me in a random direction never
          looking in the same direction when I left the previous node.

          chutemontmorency did not work.

          --
          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
            Hey Luc,

            Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

            ;)

            On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

            Hi Bjørn,

            >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

            No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

            www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

            www.360-image.com/rbci2011

            www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

            Luc

          • ptgroup
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
              The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
              Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around

              chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

              Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

              ciao
              mike

              Mit freundlichen Grüssen
              Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

              http://www.virtugraf.de
              ----------------------------
              360° VR Fotografie:
              http://www.360de.de

              NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
              http://www.abstraktfoto.de
              -----------------------------
              Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
              http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

              Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

              ;)

              On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

              Hi Bjørn,

              >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

              No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

              www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

              www.360-image.com/rbci2011

              www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

              Luc

              Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
            • Luc Villeneuve
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                Hi Mike,

                I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                Luc

                > The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around
                >
                > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3
                >
                > Other panos work though- ramarkable work.
                >
                > ciao
                > mike
                >

                > Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                > Virtugraf M. Hundrieser
                >
                > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
                > ----------------------------
                > 360° VR Fotografie:
                > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
                >
                > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
                > -----------------------------
                > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
                >

                > _____

              • luc_villeneuve
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012

                  >> Hey Luc,
                  >>

                  >> Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                  >> the irony...

                  I forgot to warn you not to put your tongue on the screen or it could stick to your monitor until you quit your browser!

                  Luc
                • Kay-Uwe Rosseburg
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                    > In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                    For me it worked fine on Mac Firefox 9.01, my browser showed it by using
                    the html-version, so the switch is not working.

                    Nice tour anyhow!

                    Kay-Uwe

                    --

                    www.panorama-photography.com
                  • ptgroup
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                      Hi Luc,
                      only browser that works correct on my system is Safari.
                      FFox displays the scene but heavily distorted, Chrome as I said only a flipping picture- not even a scene.

                      Did you output from Pano2VR ?
                      Is there a kind of browser-fork you can enable ?
                      Tourviewer distinguishes Safalai/Mobiles and other browsers and forks you to html5 or flash then.
                      I don´t know if Pano2VR has a similar option or if ther e is some kind of JavaScript one can use ??

                      ciao
                      mike

                      Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                      Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                      http://www.virtugraf.de
                      ----------------------------
                      360° VR Fotografie:
                      http://www.360de.de

                      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                      -----------------------------
                      Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                      http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                      I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                      In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                      Luc

                      > The "Hotel de Glace" does
                      not work :(.
                      > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image
                      around

                      > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                      Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                      > ciao

                      mike

                      > Mit freundlichen Grüssen

                      Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                      href="http://www.virtugraf.de">http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                      ----------------------------

                      href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                      href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                      -----------------------------

                      href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                      href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Christian Bloch
                      > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
                      21:51
                      > An:
                      href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                      > Hey Luc,
                      >

                      > Your Ice hotel
                      tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                      > the irony...
                      >
                      > ;)
                      >

                      > On Feb
                      2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                      > Hi Bjørn,
                      >
                      > >> My impression is that most people
                      on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series

                      panos.

                      > No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR
                      for the final steps. It allows me to build a
                      > custom interface. I am
                      getting used to it.

                      www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                      www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                      www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                      > Luc
                      >

                      > _____
                      >
                      > I am using
                      the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

                      > Do you have a slow PC? <
                      href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                      Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                        Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:

                        > www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                        Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                        mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                        starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                        least on my machine.

                      • Luc Villeneuve
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                          Hi Erik,

                          Thanks for your good words. You made my day!

                          I cannot figure out which image is FF 10 and FF 3. Could you explain? I would like to see the difference.

                          On 03 févr. 2012, at 10:21, Erik Krause wrote:

                          > Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:
                          >
                          >> www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2
                          >
                          > Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                          > mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                          > starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                          > least on my machine.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Erik Krause
                          > http://www.erik-krause.de

                        • Fernando Chaves
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                            Hi Luc,
                            I think he meant Firefox 10 and Firefox 3.
                            Best regards,
                            Fernando