Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What Output Software Do You Use?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
      På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

      > On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
      >> I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
      >> responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
      >> for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
      >> results, ease of use, what?
      >
      > If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
      > sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

      Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
      I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

      If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
      It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

      My workflow is:
      AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

      >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
      >>> are you using for that last step?

    • Paul Fretheim
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
        Thanks. I am doing a presentation for our local camera club here in the
        Eastern Sierra Thursday and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing
        something.

        Paul
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
          On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

          On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
          I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
          responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
          for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
          results, ease of use, what?

          If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
          sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

          Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
          I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

          If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
          It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

          No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

          My workflow is:
          AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

          My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
          are you using for that last step?

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
            På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:31:13 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

            > On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
            >> På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin

            >> Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and
            >> export cube faces.
            >> I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
            >> in PS anyway.
            >>
            >> If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
            >> do that from PTgui too.
            >> It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
            >> it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).
            >
            > No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
            > than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
            > linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
            > navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

            Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
            Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.
            My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
              On 2/1/2012 6:01 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
              export cube faces.
              I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
              in PS anyway.

              If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
              do that from PTgui too.
              It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
              it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

              No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
              than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
              linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
              navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.
              Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and

              Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
              Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.

              My mistake.  Then I guess I shouldn't have talked about my workflow either.

              My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

              My workflow is:
              AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

              My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What
              software
              are you using for that last step?

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • luc_villeneuve
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                Hi Bjørn,

                >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                Luc
              • Jim Watters
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                  I use PTGui to create the equirectangular pano. With the mask tool I seldom need
                  to edit the pano.

                  If there is editing needed I do that in Photoshop. I have stopped adding logos
                  to the panos because I can avoid loading 95% of them into Photoshop and speeding
                  up the process.

                  I also use Pano2VR to make the panos web accessible but never undertook doing a
                  tour.
                  Most of of panos end up in blog style (looking) web page with many panos on the
                  page, but none of the panos linked together. The pages are static and mostly
                  written and maintained in notepad.

                  Luc,

                  They look good. I like how you customized the icons and show the maps. But I
                  had trouble navigating.
                  hoteldeglace , I only tried to navigate to a few of the nodes, but it always
                  took me back to the starting point, or someplace different than I expected.

                  rbci jumping from node to node kept pointing me in a random direction never
                  looking in the same direction when I left the previous node.

                  chutemontmorency did not work.

                  --
                  Jim Watters
                  http://photocreations.ca
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                    Hey Luc,

                    Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                    ;)

                    On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                    Hi Bjørn,

                    >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                    No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                    www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                    www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                    www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                    Luc

                  • ptgroup
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                      The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                      Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around

                      chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                      Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                      ciao
                      mike

                      Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                      Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                      http://www.virtugraf.de
                      ----------------------------
                      360° VR Fotografie:
                      http://www.360de.de

                      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                      -----------------------------
                      Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                      http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                      Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                      ;)

                      On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                      Hi Bjørn,

                      >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                      No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                      www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                      www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                      www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                      Luc

                      Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                    • Luc Villeneuve
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                        Hi Mike,

                        I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                        In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                        Luc

                        > The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                        > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around
                        >
                        > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3
                        >
                        > Other panos work though- ramarkable work.
                        >
                        > ciao
                        > mike
                        >

                        > Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                        > Virtugraf M. Hundrieser
                        >
                        > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
                        > ----------------------------
                        > 360° VR Fotografie:
                        > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
                        >
                        > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                        > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
                        > -----------------------------
                        > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                        > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
                        >

                        > _____

                      • luc_villeneuve
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012

                          >> Hey Luc,
                          >>

                          >> Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                          >> the irony...

                          I forgot to warn you not to put your tongue on the screen or it could stick to your monitor until you quit your browser!

                          Luc
                        • Kay-Uwe Rosseburg
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                            > In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                            For me it worked fine on Mac Firefox 9.01, my browser showed it by using
                            the html-version, so the switch is not working.

                            Nice tour anyhow!

                            Kay-Uwe

                            --

                            www.panorama-photography.com
                          • ptgroup
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                              Hi Luc,
                              only browser that works correct on my system is Safari.
                              FFox displays the scene but heavily distorted, Chrome as I said only a flipping picture- not even a scene.

                              Did you output from Pano2VR ?
                              Is there a kind of browser-fork you can enable ?
                              Tourviewer distinguishes Safalai/Mobiles and other browsers and forks you to html5 or flash then.
                              I don´t know if Pano2VR has a similar option or if ther e is some kind of JavaScript one can use ??

                              ciao
                              mike

                              Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                              Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                              http://www.virtugraf.de
                              ----------------------------
                              360° VR Fotografie:
                              http://www.360de.de

                              NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                              http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                              -----------------------------
                              Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                              http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                              I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                              In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                              Luc

                              > The "Hotel de Glace" does
                              not work :(.
                              > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image
                              around

                              > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                              Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                              > ciao

                              mike

                              > Mit freundlichen Grüssen

                              Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                              href="http://www.virtugraf.de">http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                              ----------------------------

                              href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                              href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                              -----------------------------

                              href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                              href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Christian Bloch
                              > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
                              21:51
                              > An:
                              href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                              > Hey Luc,
                              >

                              > Your Ice hotel
                              tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                              > the irony...
                              >
                              > ;)
                              >

                              > On Feb
                              2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                              > Hi Bjørn,
                              >
                              > >> My impression is that most people
                              on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series

                              panos.

                              > No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR
                              for the final steps. It allows me to build a
                              > custom interface. I am
                              getting used to it.

                              www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                              www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                              www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                              > Luc
                              >

                              > _____
                              >
                              > I am using
                              the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

                              > Do you have a slow PC? <
                              href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                              Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:

                                > www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                least on my machine.

                              • Luc Villeneuve
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                  Hi Erik,

                                  Thanks for your good words. You made my day!

                                  I cannot figure out which image is FF 10 and FF 3. Could you explain? I would like to see the difference.

                                  On 03 févr. 2012, at 10:21, Erik Krause wrote:

                                  > Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:
                                  >
                                  >> www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2
                                  >
                                  > Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                  > mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                  > starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                  > least on my machine.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Erik Krause
                                  > http://www.erik-krause.de

                                • Fernando Chaves
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                    Hi Luc,
                                    I think he meant Firefox 10 and Firefox 3.
                                    Best regards,
                                    Fernando