Re: What Output Software Do You Use?

  • Uri
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
      My workflow:

      1. Process RAW images (with or without HDR) to create 16 bit Tif files
      2. Stitch to equirectangular format inPTGui Pro
      3. Edit, correct & filter the equirect. pano in Photoshop
      4. Use either KRPano or Pano2VR for final output (Flash + HTML5/css3)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@...> wrote:

      > Ditto, we must be doing something popular.
      >
      > Bob Bilsland.
    • edclix
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
        I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better results, ease of use, what?

        Ed Sewell

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

        > My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
        > are you using for that last step?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
          On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
          I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better results, ease of use, what?

          If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

          Ed Sewell

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

          My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
          are you using for that last step?

          Thanks.

          Paul Fretheim

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
            På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

            > On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
            >> I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
            >> responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
            >> for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
            >> results, ease of use, what?
            >
            > If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
            > sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

            Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
            I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

            If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
            It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

            My workflow is:
            AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

            >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
            >>> are you using for that last step?

          • Paul Fretheim
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
              Thanks. I am doing a presentation for our local camera club here in the
              Eastern Sierra Thursday and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing
              something.

              Paul
            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

                On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
                I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
                responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
                for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
                results, ease of use, what?

                If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
                sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

                Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
                I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

                If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
                It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

                No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                  På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:31:13 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

                  > On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                  >> På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin

                  >> Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and
                  >> export cube faces.
                  >> I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
                  >> in PS anyway.
                  >>
                  >> If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
                  >> do that from PTgui too.
                  >> It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
                  >> it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).
                  >
                  > No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
                  > than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
                  > linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
                  > navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

                  Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
                  Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.
                  My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                    On 2/1/2012 6:01 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                    export cube faces.
                    I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
                    in PS anyway.

                    If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
                    do that from PTgui too.
                    It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
                    it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

                    No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
                    than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
                    linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
                    navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.
                    Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and

                    Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
                    Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.

                    My mistake.  Then I guess I shouldn't have talked about my workflow either.

                    My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                    My workflow is:
                    AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

                    My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What
                    software
                    are you using for that last step?

                    Pat Swovelin
                    Cool Guy @ Large
                  • luc_villeneuve
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                      Hi Bjørn,

                      >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                      No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                      www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                      www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                      www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                      Luc
                    • Jim Watters
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                        I use PTGui to create the equirectangular pano. With the mask tool I seldom need
                        to edit the pano.

                        If there is editing needed I do that in Photoshop. I have stopped adding logos
                        to the panos because I can avoid loading 95% of them into Photoshop and speeding
                        up the process.

                        I also use Pano2VR to make the panos web accessible but never undertook doing a
                        tour.
                        Most of of panos end up in blog style (looking) web page with many panos on the
                        page, but none of the panos linked together. The pages are static and mostly
                        written and maintained in notepad.

                        Luc,

                        They look good. I like how you customized the icons and show the maps. But I
                        had trouble navigating.
                        hoteldeglace , I only tried to navigate to a few of the nodes, but it always
                        took me back to the starting point, or someplace different than I expected.

                        rbci jumping from node to node kept pointing me in a random direction never
                        looking in the same direction when I left the previous node.

                        chutemontmorency did not work.

                        --
                        Jim Watters
                        http://photocreations.ca
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                          Hey Luc,

                          Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                          ;)

                          On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                          Hi Bjørn,

                          >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                          No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                          www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                          www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                          www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                          Luc

                        • ptgroup
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                            The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                            Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around

                            chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                            Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                            ciao
                            mike

                            Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                            Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                            http://www.virtugraf.de
                            ----------------------------
                            360° VR Fotografie:
                            http://www.360de.de

                            NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                            http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                            -----------------------------
                            Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                            http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                            Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                            ;)

                            On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                            Hi Bjørn,

                            >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                            No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                            www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                            www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                            www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                            Luc

                            Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                          • Luc Villeneuve
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                              Hi Mike,

                              I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                              In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                              Luc

                              > The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                              > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around
                              >
                              > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3
                              >
                              > Other panos work though- ramarkable work.
                              >
                              > ciao
                              > mike
                              >

                              > Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                              > Virtugraf M. Hundrieser
                              >
                              > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
                              > ----------------------------
                              > 360° VR Fotografie:
                              > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
                              >
                              > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                              > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
                              > -----------------------------
                              > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                              > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
                              >

                              > _____

                            • luc_villeneuve
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012

                                >> Hey Luc,
                                >>

                                >> Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                                >> the irony...

                                I forgot to warn you not to put your tongue on the screen or it could stick to your monitor until you quit your browser!

                                Luc
                              • Kay-Uwe Rosseburg
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                                  > In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                                  For me it worked fine on Mac Firefox 9.01, my browser showed it by using
                                  the html-version, so the switch is not working.

                                  Nice tour anyhow!

                                  Kay-Uwe

                                  --

                                  www.panorama-photography.com
                                • ptgroup
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                    Hi Luc,
                                    only browser that works correct on my system is Safari.
                                    FFox displays the scene but heavily distorted, Chrome as I said only a flipping picture- not even a scene.

                                    Did you output from Pano2VR ?
                                    Is there a kind of browser-fork you can enable ?
                                    Tourviewer distinguishes Safalai/Mobiles and other browsers and forks you to html5 or flash then.
                                    I don´t know if Pano2VR has a similar option or if ther e is some kind of JavaScript one can use ??

                                    ciao
                                    mike

                                    Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                                    Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                                    http://www.virtugraf.de
                                    ----------------------------
                                    360° VR Fotografie:
                                    http://www.360de.de

                                    NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                                    http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                                    -----------------------------
                                    Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                                    http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                                    I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                                    In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                                    Luc

                                    > The "Hotel de Glace" does
                                    not work :(.
                                    > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image
                                    around

                                    > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                                    Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                                    > ciao

                                    mike

                                    > Mit freundlichen Grüssen

                                    Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                                    href="http://www.virtugraf.de">http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                                    ----------------------------

                                    href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                                    href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                                    -----------------------------

                                    href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                                    href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Christian Bloch
                                    > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
                                    21:51
                                    > An:
                                    href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                                    > Hey Luc,
                                    >

                                    > Your Ice hotel
                                    tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                                    > the irony...
                                    >
                                    > ;)
                                    >

                                    > On Feb
                                    2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                                    > Hi Bjørn,
                                    >
                                    > >> My impression is that most people
                                    on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series

                                    panos.

                                    > No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR
                                    for the final steps. It allows me to build a
                                    > custom interface. I am
                                    getting used to it.

                                    www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                    www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                                    www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                                    > Luc
                                    >

                                    > _____
                                    >
                                    > I am using
                                    the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

                                    > Do you have a slow PC? <
                                    href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                                    Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                      Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:

                                      > www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                      Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                      mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                      starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                      least on my machine.

                                    • Luc Villeneuve
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                        Hi Erik,

                                        Thanks for your good words. You made my day!

                                        I cannot figure out which image is FF 10 and FF 3. Could you explain? I would like to see the difference.

                                        On 03 févr. 2012, at 10:21, Erik Krause wrote:

                                        > Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:
                                        >
                                        >> www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2
                                        >
                                        > Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                        > mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                        > starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                        > least on my machine.
                                        >
                                        > --
                                        > Erik Krause
                                        > http://www.erik-krause.de

                                      • Fernando Chaves
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                          Hi Luc,
                                          I think he meant Firefox 10 and Firefox 3.
                                          Best regards,
                                          Fernando