Re: [PanoToolsNG] Quick survey on software updates

  • Matthew Stephenson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2012
      I understand your frustration.  Larger shops test upgrades before implementing them to insure mission critical software works as needed after the upgrade.  As a rule, a new OS should not be loaded the instant it is released.  Give it a couple of weeks to see what the feedback is, and then test before making the jump.

      Jumping to Lion is not a OS update.  It is a new, reengineered OS.  When making a jump like that there will always be compatibility issues.  For the most part you would be better off going back to SL.

      mws

      On Jan 29, 2012, at 7:49 AM, Bruce Hemming wrote:

      More frustrating is when the OS updates and makes old software redundant, my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS, both of which I regard as almost essential tools.

      I understand why this is happening, we are after all a very small community and software developers are unlikely to get rich from our purchases but still exasperating.

      Regards

      Bruce

      Bruce Hemming
      Bruce Hemming Photography
      Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
      Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
      e-Mail: bruce@...
      Skype: bhemmingphoto

      This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@....  Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference. Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.