Re: What Output Software Do You Use?

  • eduardo
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 31, 2012
      Pano2VR
    • Robert Bilsland
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
        Ditto, we must be doing something popular.

        Bob Bilsland.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

        > Identical!
        >

        > Rick Drew
        >

        > --------------------------------
        >
        > My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
        > are you using for that last step?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim

      • Uri
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
          My workflow:

          1. Process RAW images (with or without HDR) to create 16 bit Tif files
          2. Stitch to equirectangular format inPTGui Pro
          3. Edit, correct & filter the equirect. pano in Photoshop
          4. Use either KRPano or Pano2VR for final output (Flash + HTML5/css3)

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@...> wrote:

          > Ditto, we must be doing something popular.
          >
          > Bob Bilsland.
        • edclix
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
            I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better results, ease of use, what?

            Ed Sewell

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

            > My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
            > are you using for that last step?
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Paul Fretheim

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
              On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
              I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better results, ease of use, what?

              If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

              Ed Sewell

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

              My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
              are you using for that last step?

              Thanks.

              Paul Fretheim

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

                > On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
                >> I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
                >> responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
                >> for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
                >> results, ease of use, what?
                >
                > If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
                > sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

                Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
                I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

                If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
                It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

                My workflow is:
                AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

                >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:
                >>>
                >>> My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
                >>> are you using for that last step?

              • Paul Fretheim
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                  Thanks. I am doing a presentation for our local camera club here in the
                  Eastern Sierra Thursday and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing
                  something.

                  Paul
                • Pat Swovelin
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                    On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                    På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

                    On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
                    I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
                    responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
                    for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
                    results, ease of use, what?

                    If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
                    sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

                    Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
                    I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

                    If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
                    It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

                    No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                      På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:31:13 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

                      > On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                      >> På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin

                      >> Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and
                      >> export cube faces.
                      >> I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
                      >> in PS anyway.
                      >>
                      >> If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
                      >> do that from PTgui too.
                      >> It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
                      >> it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).
                      >
                      > No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
                      > than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
                      > linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
                      > navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

                      Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
                      Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.
                      My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
                        On 2/1/2012 6:01 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                        export cube faces.
                        I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it
                        in PS anyway.

                        If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I
                        do that from PTgui too.
                        It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently
                        it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

                        No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more
                        than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas
                        linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily
                        navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.
                        Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and

                        Well, the question was 'what output software do you use?'
                        Not which viewer or VRtour software you're using.

                        My mistake.  Then I guess I shouldn't have talked about my workflow either.

                        My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                        My workflow is:
                        AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

                        My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What
                        software
                        are you using for that last step?

                        Pat Swovelin
                        Cool Guy @ Large
                      • luc_villeneuve
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                          Hi Bjørn,

                          >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                          No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                          www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                          www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                          www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                          Luc
                        • Jim Watters
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                            I use PTGui to create the equirectangular pano. With the mask tool I seldom need
                            to edit the pano.

                            If there is editing needed I do that in Photoshop. I have stopped adding logos
                            to the panos because I can avoid loading 95% of them into Photoshop and speeding
                            up the process.

                            I also use Pano2VR to make the panos web accessible but never undertook doing a
                            tour.
                            Most of of panos end up in blog style (looking) web page with many panos on the
                            page, but none of the panos linked together. The pages are static and mostly
                            written and maintained in notepad.

                            Luc,

                            They look good. I like how you customized the icons and show the maps. But I
                            had trouble navigating.
                            hoteldeglace , I only tried to navigate to a few of the nodes, but it always
                            took me back to the starting point, or someplace different than I expected.

                            rbci jumping from node to node kept pointing me in a random direction never
                            looking in the same direction when I left the previous node.

                            chutemontmorency did not work.

                            --
                            Jim Watters
                            http://photocreations.ca
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                              Hey Luc,

                              Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                              ;)

                              On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                              Hi Bjørn,

                              >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                              No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                              www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                              www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                              www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                              Luc

                            • ptgroup
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                                The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                                Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around

                                chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                                Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                                ciao
                                mike

                                Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                                Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                                http://www.virtugraf.de
                                ----------------------------
                                360° VR Fotografie:
                                http://www.360de.de

                                NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                                http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                                -----------------------------
                                Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                                http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                                Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh, the irony...

                                ;)

                                On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                                Hi Bjørn,

                                >> My impression is that most people on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series panos.

                                No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR for the final steps. It allows me to build a custom interface. I am getting used to it.

                                www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                                www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                                Luc

                                Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                              • Luc Villeneuve
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                                  Hi Mike,

                                  I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                                  In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                                  Luc

                                  > The "Hotel de Glace" does not work :(.
                                  > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image around
                                  >
                                  > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3
                                  >
                                  > Other panos work though- ramarkable work.
                                  >
                                  > ciao
                                  > mike
                                  >

                                  > Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                                  > Virtugraf M. Hundrieser
                                  >
                                  > http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
                                  > ----------------------------
                                  > 360° VR Fotografie:
                                  > http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>
                                  >
                                  > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                                  > http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
                                  > -----------------------------
                                  > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                                  > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>
                                  >

                                  > _____

                                • luc_villeneuve
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012

                                    >> Hey Luc,
                                    >>

                                    >> Your Ice hotel tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                                    >> the irony...

                                    I forgot to warn you not to put your tongue on the screen or it could stick to your monitor until you quit your browser!

                                    Luc
                                  • Kay-Uwe Rosseburg
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 2, 2012
                                      > In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                                      For me it worked fine on Mac Firefox 9.01, my browser showed it by using
                                      the html-version, so the switch is not working.

                                      Nice tour anyhow!

                                      Kay-Uwe

                                      --

                                      www.panorama-photography.com
                                    • ptgroup
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                        Hi Luc,
                                        only browser that works correct on my system is Safari.
                                        FFox displays the scene but heavily distorted, Chrome as I said only a flipping picture- not even a scene.

                                        Did you output from Pano2VR ?
                                        Is there a kind of browser-fork you can enable ?
                                        Tourviewer distinguishes Safalai/Mobiles and other browsers and forks you to html5 or flash then.
                                        I don´t know if Pano2VR has a similar option or if ther e is some kind of JavaScript one can use ??

                                        ciao
                                        mike

                                        Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                                        Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                                        http://www.virtugraf.de
                                        ----------------------------
                                        360° VR Fotografie:
                                        http://www.360de.de

                                        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                                        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                                        -----------------------------
                                        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                                        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                                        I am the Ice Hotel Guy... Chrome does not seems to work very well with HTML5/CSS3 code.

                                        In Pano2VR, I set the option «Prefer Flash if available». try with another browser.

                                        Luc

                                        > The "Hotel de Glace" does
                                        not work :(.
                                        > Looks like a misinterpreted html5: only flipping one image
                                        around

                                        > chrome 16.0.912.77 m ond win XP/32 SP 3

                                        Other panos work though- ramarkable work.

                                        > ciao

                                        mike

                                        > Mit freundlichen Grüssen

                                        Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                                        href="http://www.virtugraf.de">http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>

                                        ----------------------------

                                        href="http://www.360de.de">http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

                                        href="http://www.abstraktfoto.de">http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>

                                        -----------------------------

                                        href="http://virtugraf.wordpress.com">http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

                                        href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Christian Bloch
                                        > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012
                                        21:51
                                        > An:
                                        href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                                        > Hey Luc,
                                        >

                                        > Your Ice hotel
                                        tour looks amazing. But after switching through a couple of nodes, my Mac froze. Ahh,
                                        > the irony...
                                        >
                                        > ;)
                                        >

                                        > On Feb
                                        2, 2012, at 4:19 AM, luc_villeneuve wrote:

                                        > Hi Bjørn,
                                        >
                                        > >> My impression is that most people
                                        on this list are not making linked tours, but single/series

                                        panos.

                                        > No matter if it's a single or a series, I use Pano2VR
                                        for the final steps. It allows me to build a
                                        > custom interface. I am
                                        getting used to it.

                                        www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                        www.360-image.com/rbci2011

                                        www.360-image.com/chutemontmorency

                                        > Luc
                                        >

                                        > _____
                                        >
                                        > I am using
                                        the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

                                        > Do you have a slow PC? <
                                        href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                                        Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                          Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:

                                          > www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2

                                          Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                          mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                          starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                          least on my machine.

                                        • Luc Villeneuve
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                            Hi Erik,

                                            Thanks for your good words. You made my day!

                                            I cannot figure out which image is FF 10 and FF 3. Could you explain? I would like to see the difference.

                                            On 03 févr. 2012, at 10:21, Erik Krause wrote:

                                            > Am 02.02.2012 13:19, schrieb luc_villeneuve:
                                            >
                                            >> www.360-image.com/hoteldeglace2011-2
                                            >
                                            > Incredible images. However, on FF 10 it starts automatically in HTML 5
                                            > mode with no apparent possibility to switch back to Flash. On FF 3 it
                                            > starts in Flash mode which is much faster and much more pleasant - at
                                            > least on my machine.
                                            >
                                            > --
                                            > Erik Krause
                                            > http://www.erik-krause.de

                                          • Fernando Chaves
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 3, 2012
                                              Hi Luc,
                                              I think he meant Firefox 10 and Firefox 3.
                                              Best regards,
                                              Fernando