Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: pano on dvd

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2012
      The first few Harry Potter DVD had interactive "panos".
      From what I remember, you could turn in 45° increments left or right, and go
      from node to node. Every move was a little movie. It might have been captured
      with a video camera with a motorized head, as apposed to creating the movie from
      stitched panoramas. The video camera allows to capture motion too, but you do
      have to capture both panning left and panning right unless you want to just
      reverse the video in post.

      The HP version was a bit clumsy to navigate but it is the best I have seen. Each
      DVD got a little better. I have only seen the first three.

      Jim

      --
      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
        Thanks to all who replied re panos on DVD.
        It is an unpleasant technology but one that my client insisted on...
        Not keen on Harry Potter either so i'll avoid those, but thanks Jim.
        btw 'Hogwarts' was borrowed from 'Down with Skool ' by Goffrey Willans, illustrated by Ronald Searle, possibly our greatest 20C cartoonist.
        I'll solve my problem the lazy way with a link to my website where the panos 'just work' thanks to ptgui and krpano.

        bw

        JL

      • Roger D Williams