Re: pano on dvd

  • Robert Bilsland
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2012
      I'm guessing the only way might be to extract a number of views (maybe at 45 degree intervals) and then put them together as some sort of menu structure where as you navigate left, right, up and down it takes you to another menu page with a different view being shown. Not exactly fluid navigation and time consuming to put together but it would allow some sort of interaction.

      I think I remember seeing this done on some demo DVD, but when and by who I can't remember.

      Bob Bilsland.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "JL" <panong_jl@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to incorporate an interactive pano into a conventional DVD?
      > I'm making it with DVD Studio Pro on a mac.
      > If so how?
      >
      > Thanks
      > JL

    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2012
        The first few Harry Potter DVD had interactive "panos".
        From what I remember, you could turn in 45° increments left or right, and go
        from node to node. Every move was a little movie. It might have been captured
        with a video camera with a motorized head, as apposed to creating the movie from
        stitched panoramas. The video camera allows to capture motion too, but you do
        have to capture both panning left and panning right unless you want to just
        reverse the video in post.

        The HP version was a bit clumsy to navigate but it is the best I have seen. Each
        DVD got a little better. I have only seen the first three.

        Jim

        --
        Jim Watters
        http://photocreations.ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
          Thanks to all who replied re panos on DVD.
          It is an unpleasant technology but one that my client insisted on...
          Not keen on Harry Potter either so i'll avoid those, but thanks Jim.
          btw 'Hogwarts' was borrowed from 'Down with Skool ' by Goffrey Willans, illustrated by Ronald Searle, possibly our greatest 20C cartoonist.
          I'll solve my problem the lazy way with a link to my website where the panos 'just work' thanks to ptgui and krpano.

          bw

          JL

        • Roger D Williams