Re: Sony NEX-7 as a replacement of Nikon D700?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
      Am 29.01.2012 22:15, schrieb markus_matern:
      > That's exactely why I started a project to remote control the NEX via a mechanical trigger:

      Few days ago - a more low tech solution:
      http://tksharpless.net/SonyAirRelease/SonyAirPole.html

    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
        I made a servo + battery + relay + wireless remote solution when I was shooting pole Nex5/10.5mm Nikkor panos
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc
        Here is a Nex5/10.5mm pano
        http://www.mediavr.com/cruisedrill2.htm

        But the lack of good native lenses and the interface (plus the remote issue) drove me away in the end. Even if you get an IR solution working the latency is more than a wired remote.

        One good thing about Nex+Nikkor10.5 combo is that the sizable adapter behind the lens allows you to install additional custom flare baffling for the system, eg. a rectangular baffle at the back of the adapter. Significant I think, especially if you are using a shaved Nikkor.

        PeterM

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "markus_matern" <mac.mateng@...> wrote:

        > > [...]
        > > And it also got a remote but it is an infrared remote which is very hard to use for panos.
        >
        > Furthermore you can't combine the IR remote mode with any of the other shooting modes like bracketing or anything else. That's exactely why I started a project to remote control the NEX via a mechanical trigger:
        >
        > You find the building instructions here:
        > http://www.panotwins.de/technical/nex-remote-trigger-with-arduino/
        > and here:
        > http://www.panotwins.de/technical/remote-trigger-with-arduino-a-shield-in-a-box/
        >
        > All the best,
        > PanoTwin Markus

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
          Those are pretty good. What do you use now?

          panovrx wrote:
          > I made a servo + battery + relay + wireless remote solution when I was shooting pole Nex5/10.5mm Nikkor panos
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc
          > Here is a Nex5/10.5mm pano
          > http://www.mediavr.com/cruisedrill2.htm
          >
          > But the lack of good native lenses and the interface (plus the remote issue) drove me away in the end. Even if you get an IR solution working the latency is more than a wired remote.
          >
          > One good thing about Nex+Nikkor10.5 combo is that the sizable adapter behind the lens allows you to install additional custom flare baffling for the system, eg. a rectangular baffle at the back of the adapter. Significant I think, especially if you are using a shaved Nikkor.
          >
          > PeterM
          >

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "markus_matern" <mac.mateng@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@> wrote:
          >>> [...]
          >>> And it also got a remote but it is an infrared remote which is very hard to use for panos.
          >> Furthermore you can't combine the IR remote mode with any of the other shooting modes like bracketing or anything else. That's exactely why I started a project to remote control the NEX via a mechanical trigger:
          >>
          >> You find the building instructions here:
          >> http://www.panotwins.de/technical/nex-remote-trigger-with-arduino/
          >> and here:
          >> http://www.panotwins.de/technical/remote-trigger-with-arduino-a-shield-in-a-box/
          >>
          >> All the best,
          >> PanoTwin Markus

        • thomas_krueger_eu
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
            From http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-three-new-nex-cameras-coming-within-the-next-eight-months/
            "There will be three new NEX cameras within the next 8 months. Sony will announce the first camera in April, another camera in Summer and another one at Photokina."

            A full-frame body including all the missing features would be nice...