Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Quick survey on software updates

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
      Il 29/01/2012 17.03, Hans ha scritto:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause<erik.krause@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
      >>> my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
      >>> functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
      >>> both of which I regard as almost essential tools.
      >>
      >> Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
      >> complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
      >> 7 machine...
      >

      > Supported systems with Parallels on OSX from Leopard to Lion
      > http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/

      You read the list of operating systems where you can install Parallels
      (known as "host").

      If you read the list of guest operating systems you can see that only
      the server versions of OS X are supported (maybe with the exception of
      Lion, I did not read more).

      The problem is not technical, it looks like Apple does not want it to
      happen.

      Fulvio
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
        oh- right Hans.
        I was reading about the 2/3- but that´s not what he wanted.
        But VRWave give plenty of info´s also for a 1.5 crop
        Ciao
        Mike

        Mit freundlichen Grüssen
        Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

        http://www.virtugraf.de
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

        > > my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion
        will lose
        > > functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug
        in for PS,
        > > both of which I regard as almost essential
        tools.

        > Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I
        still have my
        > complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on
        my new windows
        > 7 machine...

        Supported systems with Parallels on OSX from Leopard to Lion
        http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/

        Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
      • Matthew Stephenson
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 31, 2012
          VMware Fusion and Parallels would work well.  I use them both on my Macs.

          On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Matthew Rogers wrote

          I'm pretty sure with VMware you can virtualise as many old OSs as you like.

          Matt

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 31, 2012
            I understand your frustration.  Larger shops test upgrades before implementing them to insure mission critical software works as needed after the upgrade.  As a rule, a new OS should not be loaded the instant it is released.  Give it a couple of weeks to see what the feedback is, and then test before making the jump.

            Jumping to Lion is not a OS update.  It is a new, reengineered OS.  When making a jump like that there will always be compatibility issues.  For the most part you would be better off going back to SL.

            mws

            On Jan 29, 2012, at 7:49 AM, Bruce Hemming wrote:

            More frustrating is when the OS updates and makes old software redundant, my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS, both of which I regard as almost essential tools.

            I understand why this is happening, we are after all a very small community and software developers are unlikely to get rich from our purchases but still exasperating.

            Regards

            Bruce

            Bruce Hemming
            Bruce Hemming Photography
            Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
            Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
            e-Mail: bruce@...
            Skype: bhemmingphoto

            This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@....  Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference. Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.