Re: Quick survey on software updates

  • Bruce Hemming
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
      More frustrating is when the OS updates and makes old software redundant, my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS, both of which I regard as almost essential tools.

      I understand why this is happening, we are after all a very small community and software developers are unlikely to get rich from our purchases but still exasperating.

      Regards

      Bruce

      Bruce Hemming
      Bruce Hemming Photography
      Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
      Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
      e-Mail: bruce@...
      Skype: bhemmingphoto

      This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@....  Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference. Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of this transmission.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
        Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
        > my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
        > functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
        > both of which I regard as almost essential tools.

        Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
        complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
        7 machine...

      • Matthew Rogers
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
          I'm pretty sure with VMware you can virtualise as many old OSs as you like.

          Matt

          On 29 Jan 2012, at 13:40, Erik Krause wrote:

          Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
          > my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
          > functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
          > both of which I regard as almost essential tools.

          Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
          complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
          7 machine...

        • Fulvio Senore
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
            Il 29/01/2012 14.40, Erik Krause ha scritto:
            > Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
            >> my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
            >> functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
            >> both of which I regard as almost essential tools.
            >
            > Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
            > complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
            > 7 machine...

            Installing OS X (not server) in a VMWare virtual machine is not
            officially supported, but it is possible with some fiddling at different
            levels of difficulty.
            The Internet contains plenty of information about it.

            Fulvio Senore
          • Hans
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012

              > Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
              > > my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
              > > functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
              > > both of which I regard as almost essential tools.
              >
              > Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
              > complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
              > 7 machine...

              Supported systems with Parallels on OSX from Leopard to Lion
              http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/

              Hans
            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
                Il 29/01/2012 17.03, Hans ha scritto:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause<erik.krause@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Am 29.01.2012 13:49, schrieb Bruce Hemming:
                >>> my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion will lose
                >>> functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug in for PS,
                >>> both of which I regard as almost essential tools.
                >>
                >> Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I still have my
                >> complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on my new windows
                >> 7 machine...
                >

                > Supported systems with Parallels on OSX from Leopard to Lion
                > http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/

                You read the list of operating systems where you can install Parallels
                (known as "host").

                If you read the list of guest operating systems you can see that only
                the server versions of OS X are supported (maybe with the exception of
                Lion, I did not read more).

                The problem is not technical, it looks like Apple does not want it to
                happen.

                Fulvio
              • ptgroup
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 29, 2012
                  oh- right Hans.
                  I was reading about the 2/3- but that´s not what he wanted.
                  But VRWave give plenty of info´s also for a 1.5 crop
                  Ciao
                  Mike

                  Mit freundlichen Grüssen
                  Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

                  http://www.virtugraf.de
                  ----------------------------
                  360° VR Fotografie:
                  http://www.360de.de

                  NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                  http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                  -----------------------------
                  Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
                  http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

                  > > my biggest gripes are that updating to Lion
                  will lose
                  > > functionality with Cubic Convertor and PanoPreviewer plug
                  in for PS,
                  > > both of which I regard as almost essential
                  tools.

                  > Is there no possibility for a virtual machine on Mac? I
                  still have my
                  > complete legacy windows 2000 system running in vmware on
                  my new windows
                  > 7 machine...

                  Supported systems with Parallels on OSX from Leopard to Lion
                  http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/

                  Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                • Matthew Stephenson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 31, 2012
                    VMware Fusion and Parallels would work well.  I use them both on my Macs.

                    On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Matthew Rogers wrote