Re: Horizontal Panoramas

  • alan_r_cam
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 23, 2012
      > This is no private issue. Your question was very hard to understand, if
      > at all. J├╝rgen wanted to show you a way how to improve.

      To summarise what I THINK is the question (and answer):
      Portrait pictures are tall and thin, landscape pictures are short and wide. Many panorama heads hold the camera in portrait mode.

      Q: Can you take landscape panoramas? How?
      [I think OP mentioned NN3]

      A: Yes, you can. The easiest way is with a longer lens (say 15mm on my old Nikon D200). Forget about angling up or down - just take 4 or 5 shots in a row, with a fair amount of overlap.

      Once you stitch these portraits together, the final picture will be wide, ie. landscape format.

      Cheers to all,
      -- Alan Campbell