Re: Stereo panoramas, Flash, Android and Unity

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2012
      The other main way to show stereo panoramas on passive TVs is in horizontally interlace form. It is possible to make such a viewer in Flash
      http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4170&p=16131&hilit=stereoscopic#p16131
      and I suspect there must be a way in Unity. But horizontally interlaced only works with passive tvs not active ones -- for which you would have to use squeezed side by side.

      The most recent versions of nvidia drivers support horizontally interlaced displays again, btw, -- after they dropped such support in their attempts to lock people into shutter glasses, emitters and the rest of their "3dVision" hardware. But now passive tvs etc are big in the marketplace and I think so as not to lose them for 3dVision they have enabled interlaced again

      Nvidia 3dvision supporting active monitors (but not, I think, active TVs) can also show stereo panoramas with OpenGl shuttered display with apps like Bitmanagement BSContact Stereo, or Worldviz, or Virtools

      PeterM